Can i get my voip number back?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
CordlezToaster

Can i get my voip number back?

Post by CordlezToaster » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 pm

I didn't realise when i canceled my adsl service that i could have voip on my hspa account, so i canceled it.

When looking in the member section of my hspa account i noticed i can order voip, so if i order it again can i get my old voip number back?
Cheers

Troy

JanakaDS
Exetel Staff

Re: Can i get my voip number back?

Post by JanakaDS » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

CordlezToaster wrote:I didn't realise when i canceled my adsl service that i could have voip on my hspa account, so i canceled it.

When looking in the member section of my hspa account i noticed i can order voip, so if i order it again can i get my old voip number back?
Cheers

Troy
It is possible as long as your previous VoIP number has not been picked by someone else and available in the pool. Normally the VoIP number goes to pool after 60 days from the service termination date. I would suggest you to call or email Exetel Support with your exact details ASAP so we can check whether the number is still available for you.

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:46 am

Cancelled services get quarantined for a number of months post cancellation for multiple reasons including this one.
An email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with the VoIP number and service number should get this sorted if it's under 6 months.

Tastech

Post by Tastech » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:25 pm

HI

I got an email form exetel asking me to reply to the email if i still wanted my voip account. I did that but my number still disappeared.
i have sent an email to residentialsupport.