Can't hear ringing on outgoing call

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
peterh_oz

Re: Can't hear ringing on outgoing call

Post by peterh_oz » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 pm

pasanm wrote:
markinthedark wrote:I had same issue. Followed advice of others to submit a ticket. It started working again a couple days after that. So it looks like it is on the Exetel side to fix this problem. And it looks like you have to ask for it to be fixed.
Hi

It's a modem firmware issue which was an incompatibility between our upstream career with this specific modem.

We have a fix and a patch firmware available. you can request it by sending an email

Hi

I have logged a support ticket #3504120 to request this firmware, for the same reason, yet I have been told that it cannot be provided. Could you please send this to the email address on that support ticket? Or else please confirm why it cannot. Please reply via that ticket.

Thank you

barryron

Post by barryron » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 am

I fixed the problem . I traded my Dynalink modem for a Netcomm for 40% off the rrp.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

Please download the patch from the following link and update your modem firmware accordingly.

http://exetel.com.au/files/cfe-rta1046v ... pb025c.dat

Following is the step by step process of applying the patch.

1. Using your browser, enter the IP address of your Dynalink router. The default address is http://192.168.1.1/

2. Log on using your administrative user name and password. Default is admin and admin.

3. Go to Management > Update Firmware.

4. Follow the on screen instructions. Use the Browse button to locate the file.

5. Click Update Firmware and wait for the process to complete.

This should resolve your issue.

Any further issues or concerns, please email thejeg@exetel.com.au

Cheers,
Theje :wink:

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Theje, thanks for releasing the image. I posted the md5 checksum for the firmware earlier.

For super careful users , the plain unlucky, and the paranoid generally:
The Dynalink OS loads a new copy of itself into itself and reboots. It has minimal error checking. So if you are unlucky enough to use a corrupted image, with faults in the appropriate places, you may never be able to correct it from the Dynalink browser interface. If you have access to md5sum, I recommend using it as a habit for binary downloads of this type. It's a standard part of Mac and Linux, and can be readily got for Windows.

If your browser security settings won't perform the file upload, the Dynalink may issue a bad image file message, instead of saying it didn't receive data at all. Just change the settings, or browser.

PS Always use ethernet for this job.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:04 am

Dazzled wrote:Theje, thanks for releasing the image. I posted the md5 checksum for the firmware earlier.

For super careful users , the plain unlucky, and the paranoid generally:
The Dynalink OS loads a new copy of itself into itself and reboots. It has minimal error checking. So if you are unlucky enough to use a corrupted image, with faults in the appropriate places, you may never be able to correct it from the Dynalink browser interface. If you have access to md5sum, I recommend using it as a habit for binary downloads of this type. It's a standard part of Mac and Linux, and can be readily got for Windows.

If your browser security settings won't perform the file upload, the Dynalink may issue a bad image file message, instead of saying it didn't receive data at all. Just change the settings, or browser.

PS Always use ethernet for this job.
I can't agree more..... :D