Advice on prob with Voip dropping off.

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
dtn22

Advice on prob with Voip dropping off.

Post by dtn22 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:56 am

Hi All,

For the past 2 months my Voip had frequently dropped off once or twice a week even though the internet is still online. The Voip status light is off therefore no incoming or outgoing calls can be made. Everytime this happens i would have to reset my router and this will fix it, It stay on for a week or so then it just drop off again. Reported to Exetel support and all they can do is blame on my hardware as usual. I made a suggestion to disconnect my current voip number and get a new number but was rejected and told they doubt it would work and still saying its my router problem and suggest i use another router. Yeah right as if i've got a money tree in my backyard . So after 2 months the problem still exist and Exetel cant rectify the prob, i suggest the idea again and you know what? It is now working beautifully as it should, no more dropping off and no more resetting the router. So for those who have the same prob and Exetel cant fix it you may want to try it out.

Cheers,

CorporateVoIP

Re: Advice on prob with Voip dropping off.

Post by CorporateVoIP » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:58 am

I have asked the person responsible for investigating VoIP problems to review this thread.

dtn22

Re: Advice on prob with Voip dropping off.

Post by dtn22 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 am

Hi,

Its working now, i dont want any tamper or adjustment to be made to my Voip settings.