Change of Plan from Naked to OCV200 {HELP} VoIP on ATA V210P

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
QPR_FC

Change of Plan from Naked to OCV200 {HELP} VoIP on ATA V210P

Post by QPR_FC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi,

Hopefully somebody could help me who is familiar with V210P and PSTN and VoIP on Exetel.

Current set-up is as follows:
On NF22 Naked plan with VoIP. Using TP-Link W8960N modem router with ATA Netcomm V210P. All PCs are wireless. Everything working well.

When the new OCV200 plan kicks in on 1st Feb and I get a PSTN issued with limited free calls, I want to use both PSTN (local & national calls) AND VoIP (International calls).

Question 1. So, by default we want the PSTN to be our primary service and 'doing something' to enable VoIP for the fortnightly long overseas call.
Question 2. I'm guessing that we have to update all our contacts with the new PSTN as they currently have our VoIP number.
Question 3. What physical cable changes and set-up instructions do I need to make this happen?

Question 4. if the above isn't feasible or somebody has a better solution/idea, then please tell.

Thanks for reading...and hopefully helping.
Steven (yes, a big QPR fan!)

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Change of Plan from Naked to OCV200 {HELP} VoIP on ATA V

Post by Dazzled » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:46 pm

The V210P defaults to VoIP for outward calls, unless you first dial ## in front of the number. This isn't sticky. You will require a filtered phone line to be connected to the PSTN port at the back of the V210P to make and receive PSTN calls from this handset. That is, two input cables go to the ATA.

So, (1) to make the PSTN service your default outward service without dialling ## you will need a separate filtered handset connected to PSTN. If you only have one wall point, insert (another) splitter.

(2) Updating numbers is up to you. If your VoIP number is nominally in Sydney it will make no difference to the caller. Talk on your VoIP handset.

(3) Fit an extra cable and filter as above. You'll find them supplied in the Netcomm box.

The second handset is often very useful, because you will now have two phone lines, and this way both can be in use together. If you have a phone point in another room, it can go there.

(PS I have no idea what QPR is, but I suspect I won't like it)

outbush

Post by outbush » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

QPR_FC wrote:Hi,
Hopefully somebody could help me who is familiar with V210P and PSTN and VoIP on Exetel.......
Question 1. So, by default we want the PSTN to be our primary service and 'doing something' to enable VoIP for the fortnightly long overseas call.
Question 3. What physical cable changes and set-up instructions do I need to make this happen?
Question 4. if the above isn't feasible or somebody has a better solution/idea, then please tell.
Steven (yes, a big QPR fan!)
You could achieve what you desire BUT not with a Netcomm V210P, its Dial plan leaves a lot to be desired.
With an ATA like the SPA 3102 you can set the Dial plan to dial a specific number to dial out over PSTN or Voip.

QPR_FC

Post by QPR_FC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks Dazzled and Outbush for your replies.

Tomorrow evening will reveal all....I shall post my findings/short-comings.

Thanks again.

PS. Has anybody received their new PSTN ?

BenHolmes

Post by BenHolmes » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

QPR_FC wrote:Thanks Dazzled and Outbush for your replies.

Tomorrow evening will reveal all....I shall post my findings/short-comings.

Thanks again.

PS. Has anybody received their new PSTN ?
I've received what is apparently my PSTN, but I've sent an email to confirm as it's given me 02 00XX XXXX which doesn't seem like it'd be correct as I'm in Newcastle so was expecting 02 40, 41 or 49 seeing as they're full service PSTN lines now

QPR_FC

Post by QPR_FC » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 am

Well, 28 days since I placed my Plan Change with the Exetel members Facilities and I still haven't received my PSTN.
I have been switched over to the new plan as it states 'Active' on my Change Plan page.

I was also charge the $40 for opting out of the 12 month plan as requested by me....happy with that, however my members facilities state that I am in a new 12 month contract expiring 1-Feb-2012 !!!! Not happy with that!

I must say, the admin by Exetel and lack of accurate communications to customers for this whole changeover has been dire.