VOIP hang-ups

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
sgoldschmidt

VOIP hang-ups

Post by sgoldschmidt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi,

just in the last few days, many of my VOIP calls have been hung up after about 30 seconds. Occurred 7 or 8 times when I was calling the US and I figured it was just the number I was calling, but the problem recurred today when making a local call. Have not had this problem once in the last year I have used VOIP. Any suggestions as to what might cause VOIP to hang up?

Thanks,
Simon

sable

Re: VOIP hang-ups

Post by sable » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm

It would b useful if you advised the make and model of the router/ata device you are using with the version of the firmware installed for a start

sgoldschmidt

Post by sgoldschmidt » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Softphone.... X-Lite v3.0

sgoldschmidt

Post by sgoldschmidt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:47 pm

There is a Network setting in the Advanced Options of X-Lite 3.0 that reads "In times of network disruption, automatically hang up calls after..."

The default setting is enabled and the time selected is 30 seconds. I have disabled this option and so far have not had a call hung up. I have made no changes to my network or ADSL configuration, so I can't explain why the softphone started regularly detecting network disruptions. Nor can I see the need for this option in my case.... I'd suggest if you experience this problem, turn this option off.

Simon