Bipac 7301 VGP connection??

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
megb6806

Bipac 7301 VGP connection??

Post by megb6806 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 am

Hi guys.

For about a year my phone line was suffering from chronic and acute background noise, until now I have managed to fix the problem, thanks to telstra, to exetel technicians and mainly to myself for cutting wires and testing testing and testing...until the problem was fixed. Main problem was a loose gel cap connector and water on the main phone box outside my house.

Now my previous setup was a speedtouch modem hooked to a lynksys Spa3102 for my VOIP services. Now I am using a Billion Bipac 7301 VGP with built in VOIP.
Can anyone tell me how to physically connect an analogue phone to the bipac 7301???
The bipac has the following inputs: 4 ethernets (I know what they are for) and a ADSL input, a LINE input, and a PHONE input, what do i connect into them????
Once I have that sortted out I'll move on the next step which is configure the VOIP service.

thanksssssssss

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Bipac 7301 VGP connection??

Post by Dazzled » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:52 am

A user has supplied this post in the wiki - http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _VOIP_ONLY

ADSL port = input for the internet
LINE port - connect to a wall splitter/phone filter, needed as the input for PSTN fallback
Phone port - connect to a handset or wireless base station.

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks Dazzle for your help.

I have manged to setup my VOIP service, but I can't seem to find how to edit the VOIP dialing plan. Also I wish to add a Pennytel account but I cant seem to find where to add this acount. Can anyone please help......thanks

sable

Post by sable » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 am

megb6806 wrote:Thanks Dazzle for your help.

I have manged to setup my VOIP service, but I can't seem to find how to edit the VOIP dialing plan. Also I wish to add a Pennytel account but I cant seem to find where to add this acount. Can anyone please help......thanks
Your modem only supports one FXS port and one FXO port which means you can only have one VoIP account registered at a time, either Exetel or Pennytel,

To do what you want you need a 2 VoIP port model such as Bllion 7404VGPX, Dynalink1046 or Netcomm NB9WMAXX + oters. You could also connect a stand alone ATA device to the router or add a SIP phone such as the Siemens Gigasets offered by Exetel.

Before adding a sip device or ata check to find out if they will be compatible with the Billion. Billions are known to be temperamental in this reguard.

megb6806

Post by megb6806 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:20 pm

it sounds a had a better configuration before then....I had a speedtouch connected to an ATA lynksys SPA3102.

I will connect the ATA SPA3102 to the billion and see what happens....but coming back to my previous question how do I edit the VOIP dialing plan on the Billion????