Linksys PAP2-NA Config issue / query

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Post Reply
Aquard
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 pm

Linksys PAP2-NA Config issue / query

Post by Aquard » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi all,

Have been using a Billion router for years with Exetel VOIP, no dramas.

Unfortunately, it recently died - and I've cobbled together a replacement setup with backup Netcomm modem, Linksys WAP and Linksys PAP2-NA for VOIP.

I have the PAP2 configured, registered and making outbound calls.

It is not receiving inbound calls, calls go direct to the exetel voicemail prompt - messages left are successfully received in my email inbox.

I can't dial 121 from the analog phone.

And when I dial out, by default it appears to dial NSW numbers, as opposed to 03 Vic numbers. (The billion didn't require the 03 prefix).

I read on the troubleshooting page there is some info on dialling 121 via a Linksys box, ie

Code: Select all

If you have problems calling 121 (Voicemail) you will need to modify the dial plan to the one listed below and change one setting.

Use Preferred Codec Only to "no". 

(*xx|000S0<:@gw0>|<#0,:>xx.<:@gw0>|xx.)
But although I've looked through the Web Gui, I can't see where or what to do with that gobbledegook!

Any help appreciated!

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Linksys PAP2-NA Config issue / query

Post by jokiin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Aquard wrote:Hi all,

Have been using a Billion router for years with Exetel VOIP, no dramas.

Unfortunately, it recently died - and I've cobbled together a replacement setup with backup Netcomm modem, Linksys WAP and Linksys PAP2-NA for VOIP.

I have the PAP2 configured, registered and making outbound calls.

It is not receiving inbound calls, calls go direct to the exetel voicemail prompt - messages left are successfully received in my email inbox.

I can't dial 121 from the analog phone.

And when I dial out, by default it appears to dial NSW numbers, as opposed to 03 Vic numbers. (The billion didn't require the 03 prefix).

I read on the troubleshooting page there is some info on dialling 121 via a Linksys box, ie

Code: Select all

If you have problems calling 121 (Voicemail) you will need to modify the dial plan to the one listed below and change one setting.

Use Preferred Codec Only to "no". 

(*xx|000S0<:@gw0>|<#0,:>xx.<:@gw0>|xx.)
But although I've looked through the Web Gui, I can't see where or what to do with that gobbledegook!

Any help appreciated!
That gobbledygook is for a different model so incorrect anyway, your dial plan is obviously incorrect if you need to add the area code, can you post your current dial plan for reference, you'll need to use the admin advanced login to view it, a dial plan for a PAP2 would generally look something like this
(*xx.|000S0|121S0|151S0|181S0|[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[2378]xxxxxxxxS0|04xxxxxxxxS0|0011xxx.|1800xxxxxxS0|1300xxxxxxS0|13[1-9]xxxS0|xxx.)
but can be modified to suit your needs, anything in particular you want to block etc can be set up in the dial plan

Aquard
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 pm

Re: Linksys PAP2-NA Config issue / query

Post by Aquard » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:59 pm

jokiin wrote: That gobbledygook is for a different model so incorrect anyway, your dial plan is obviously incorrect if you need to add the area code, can you post your current dial plan for reference, you'll need to use the admin advanced login to view it, a dial plan for a PAP2 would generally look something like this
(*xx.|000S0|121S0|151S0|181S0|[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[2378]xxxxxxxxS0|04xxxxxxxxS0|0011xxx.|1800xxxxxxS0|1300xxxxxxS0|13[1-9]xxxS0|xxx.)
but can be modified to suit your needs, anything in particular you want to block etc can be set up in the dial plan
Hi Jokiin,

Thanks for the reply - I figured out where dial plans are meant to go, didn't have the WebGui on Advanced View!

I put the dial plan in from the troubleshooting thread and it has fixed all the problems :D

Am I going to be missing anything by using that plan ahead of an edited default plan?
This was the original one:
(8888xxxx|0[23478]xxxxxxxx|<:02>­ [4689]xxxxxxx|0011xxxxxxxxxxx.)

However (*xx|000S0<:@gw0>|<#0,:>xx.<:@gw0>|xx.) seems to be working fine!

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Linksys PAP2-NA Config issue / query

Post by jokiin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Aquard wrote: This was the original one:
(8888xxxx|0[23478]xxxxxxxx|<:02>­ [4689]xxxxxxx|0011xxxxxxxxxxx.)
odd looking dial plan
Aquard wrote: However (*xx|000S0<:@gw0>|<#0,:>xx.<:@gw0>|xx.) seems to be working fine!
most of this dial plan does nothing for your PAP2, it is for a different model, there are no gateways in a PAP2

Post Reply