can only connect moip through wi-fi

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
granny12

can only connect moip through wi-fi

Post by granny12 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
I realize that you are all probably sick of the sight of me I know I am. But, I need help big time, my LGP500 Android 2.2 will only connect to exetel through my wi-fi ... not 3g and becomes unregistered if I move away from the computer.
I have been using it without wi-fi since December, then all of a sudden nothing.
I am using Csipsimple and also tried Sipdroid with the same result.
I have tried the sim card in the USB Modem that I take away and no connection.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards Granny

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: can only connect moip through wi-fi

Post by jokiin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

granny12 wrote: I have tried the sim card in the USB Modem that I take away and no connection.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards Granny
do you mean you get no data when the SIM is used in another device also? it might be an account/service issue that has been tripping it up if that's the case rather than being a settings/configuration issue, perhaps open a support ticket and have your account looked into

I take you haven't changed the plan or anything that might have effected things? some of the plans use different APN settings

granny12

Post by granny12 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi jokiin,
Thank you for replying.
It won't connect at all on anything other than my computer wi-fi.
I have been in touch with support consistantly, they say to re-enter the details etc have done that... I have done factory resets until I can do them in my sleep....
Optus says that there is n problem on the network etc.
I received an email from support today saying that .... Thank you for your e-mail.

Your VOIP number, does not appear to be configured on any hardware or software correctly as it is not appearing online on our server.
So I don't know where to go from here.
Regards Granny

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 pm

granny12 wrote:Hi jokiin,
Thank you for replying.
It won't connect at all on anything other than my computer wi-fi.
I have been in touch with support consistantly, they say to re-enter the details etc have done that... I have done factory resets until I can do them in my sleep....
Optus says that there is n problem on the network etc.
I received an email from support today saying that .... Thank you for your e-mail.

Your VOIP number, does not appear to be configured on any hardware or software correctly as it is not appearing online on our server.
So I don't know where to go from here.
Regards Granny
do you have internet access with that SIM via 3G though, perhaps I read it wrong but your comment about the USB modem seemed to suggest you have no internet access via 3G????

granny12

Post by granny12 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Jokiin,
No I do not have internet access with 3g ....I can only get anything with the wi-fi on my computer.
I went down the driveway to the gate where my wi-fi doesn't reach ...nothing nada.
Come back in wi-fi range and I have registration again
I am a prisoner of my mobile ...lol..
Regards Granny

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:34 pm

granny12 wrote:Hi Jokiin,
No I do not have internet access with 3g ....I can only get anything with the wi-fi on my computer.
I went down the driveway to the gate where my wi-fi doesn't reach ...nothing nada.
Come back in wi-fi range and I have registration again
I am a prisoner of my mobile ...lol..
Regards Granny
ok well without internet access via 3G your MoIP is never going to work, you need to establish if it's an account or technical issue with your service, have you logged into your member facilities and checked for any messages, errors etc about your account?

if you can't see anything obvious I think you need to open a support ticket so someone qualified can look into it

I take it you've double checked your APN settings are correct for the plan you are on?

granny12

Post by granny12 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi,
Yes, I have checked and rechecked the apn,
I have had numerous support tickets and calls and they keep telling me to reenter my APN etc.
It's nearly a week now I am on a WM-C Plan APN = exetel1
I was wondering if I changed to a Post voip 5 would I get a new Sim Card and if it would be any better?
I am thinking maybe the Sim I have at the moment may havespat it?
Regards Granny

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 pm

granny12 wrote:Hi,
Yes, I have checked and rechecked the apn,
I have had numerous support tickets and calls and they keep telling me to reenter my APN etc.
I was wondering if I changed to a Post voip 5 would I get a new Sim Card and if it would be any better?
I am thinking maybe the Sim I have at the moment may havespat it?
Regards Granny
clearly it's not an APN issue then, if you can type it correctly here I'm sure you could do the same in your phone, could be a faulty SIM, can happen, or it is an account issue of some sort, I would think the problem needs to be escalated, can you please reply to your last support ticket and ask for the issue to be escalated, provide a link to this thread also, if you don't hear from someone that sounds like they are progressing with this issue within 24 hours can you please send me the ticket number and I will follow up for you

granny12

Post by granny12 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 am

Hi jokiin,
Thank you, I have replied to their email and asked for it to be escalated also, sent a link from this post.
I hope it gets fixed somehow.
Regards Granny

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:55 am

granny12 wrote:Hi jokiin,
Thank you, I have replied to their email and asked for it to be escalated also, sent a link from this post.
I hope it gets fixed somehow.
Regards Granny
I'm guessing there may have been some confusion if your support request was centered around why is my MoIP not working rather than why doesn't my data work at all

I can't recall the inclusions on your plan but can you make phone calls ok, any errors?

If it's a plan that doesn't have outbound cellular call capabilities can you receive cellular calls ok?

granny12

Post by granny12 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:16 am

Hi jokiin,
It is a HSPA Voip plan.
I can make calls on my phone just not with the EXETEL SIP ACTIVE Therefore they are Optus calls and cost an arm and a leg SMS = 25cents instead of 7cents .
03xxxxxxxx is the voip number
0412xxxxxx is the mobile broadbrand number
Regards Granny

granny12

Post by granny12 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:24 am

Well it seems to me that my only course of action now is to give Exetel the flick.
Because the plan I have is no longer available, for me to get a new plan I have to pay $15.00 a month.
It seems to me that the fact that my plan is now outdated that is probably why all of a sudden it is not working...
Great way to treat loyal customers Exetel.
Granny

Need2No

Post by Need2No » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm

granny12 wrote:Hi,
Regards Granny
On reading your problems with csipsimple and Android, I thought that I should check my csipsimple operation (Samsung Galaxy S). On checking I found that I could make calls using csipsimple over 3G but not WiFi. Going through my csipsimple configuration I had "Enable ICE" set. When I cleared "Enable ICE" I could now dial out via WiFi as well as 3G. The rest of my settings appear to be OK, for incoming calls I have every setting cleared (I don't receive incoming calls over VoIP). Outgoing I have WiFi, 3G and GPRS all set.
Also previously I found that I could not make calls using +612xxxxxxxx format. I had to strip +61n from all of my numbers.
My WM-A SIM also works in my Huawei e1762 modem.
Regards

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 pm

granny12 wrote:Well it seems to me that my only course of action now is to give Exetel the flick.
Because the plan I have is no longer available, for me to get a new plan I have to pay $15.00 a month.
It seems to me that the fact that my plan is now outdated that is probably why all of a sudden it is not working...
Granny
I have a no longer available HSPA plan and mine still works, I don't think the fact that new users can't get the plan has anything to do with things

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:57 pm

granny12 wrote:Well it seems to me that my only course of action now is to give Exetel the flick.
Granny
If a plan is to be discontinued, prior notice is given to the customer. If you could send an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with your service number, we could check if you are unable to use the connection due to a technical issue.