Issues with Asterisk

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
criten

Issues with Asterisk

Post by criten » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm having the following issues with Asterisk. I'm running Asterisk from AussieHQ's Sydney facility.

Yesterday everything worked fine. There has been no change to the config.

Some of my VoIP adaptors use one account (paid for by someone else). These work fine. I can call any number I like. One of these adaptors only uses g729, however the V210P is set to alaw and g729.

The VoIP adaptors I use an account I pay for. Today only some calls work, mobiles in particular don't work, and I often can't even call Exetel (0280301000). I use alaw and g729 on V210P's.

Its also interesting to note the latency which used to sit around 3-5ms is now over 100ms on average.

I called Exetel just then and was told that my account works fine. Has anyone else had any issues like what I describe?

pasanm

Re: Issues with Asterisk

Post by pasanm » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi

If you can enable sip debug on your asterisk and see what SIP messages are been passed during a failed call between your asterisk server and exetel sip server
you'll able to find more useful informations. latency to sip server < 180 ms should be ok.

To enable sip debug,
*CLI>sip set debug on

If you have already logged a fault , you can provide the SIP traces that you got from asterisk CLI So I'll have a look at it.

criten

Re: Issues with Asterisk

Post by criten » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Doh. The whole issue was qualify=

As I mentioned the latency suddenly increased by 100ms.

qualify was set to 50ms so therefore the host was considered lagged and it never even attempted to dial with it.

Thanks for your suggestions - they did help.