Netcomm NB16WV problem

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
coconutdog

Netcomm NB16WV problem

Post by coconutdog » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:32 pm

I have just bought an NB16WV. ADSL works fine. VoIP doesn't. It says it is registered and I have set it up as per the Exetel setup guide and help from the helpdesk but it doesn't make calls. There is a dialtone but as soon as you enter a phone number it goes dead. The phone at the other end rings but there is no ringing tone and when answered you can't hear the person at the other end and they can't hear you. It has the R0.08_0216 firmware that came with it. I am a bit loathe to upgrade it to ver R0.09 because of the problem mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=39523&p=301167&hil ... wv#p301167

Any help much appreciated.

asankag
Exetel Staff

Re: Netcomm NB16WV problem

Post by asankag » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi Matt,

Can you please check your settings are similar to the following setup guide in the following link.
http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... omm_NB16WV

This guide is an all-in-one guide, so please check the settings under VOIP.

For the second query, we upgraded a NB16WV to R0.09 and tested the VOIP service and it worked fine without any issues.
It could have been an issue with that particular modem. I would suggest that you test your settings with the above link
first, and if the issues still persists, try a firmware upgrade.

Regards,
Asanka
---
Regards,
Asanka | L2 - VoIP Engineer

coconutdog

Post by coconutdog » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Thanks Asanka, it all seems to be working now.

asankag
Exetel Staff

Post by asankag » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi Matt,

Glad that you were able to get things sorted out. :D

Regards
---
Regards,
Asanka | L2 - VoIP Engineer

Wilby

Post by Wilby » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 am

Hi,
I have followed Asanka's document without success and tried all actions mentioned in thread with the exception of downgrading firmware from R0.09. VOIP still give a noise similar to an engaged signal when trying to make a call, incoming calls are not received. Any help would be appreciated. My Exetel ADSL connection is only ADSL1 through a Telstra exchange owing to the way phone line were installed in newer subdivisions, don't know if that could make any difference to VOIP on the NB16WV. I have had to revert to using Netgear DG834GV until this can get resolved.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:10 am

Wilby wrote:Hi,
I have followed Asanka's document without success and tried all actions mentioned in thread with the exception of downgrading firmware from R0.09. VOIP still give a noise similar to an engaged signal when trying to make a call, incoming calls are not received. Any help would be appreciated. My Exetel ADSL connection is only ADSL1 through a Telstra exchange owing to the way phone line were installed in newer subdivisions, don't know if that could make any difference to VOIP on the NB16WV. I have had to revert to using Netgear DG834GV until this can get resolved.
Hi,

I will further check on this and I will arrange a support engineer to contact you soon :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 am

Wilby wrote:Hi,

Hi Wilby,

As discussed revert it to NB16WV and I will update you later today once the testing done. :) Reference number is 5503740.

Wilby

Post by Wilby » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Unfortunately call 5503740 has been closed before it was resolved :( . Netcomm also have so far been unable to reslove the issue :shock: . All setting on the modem have been set to those advised by Exetel and tested. All configuration changes made by Exetel have been tested without success for VOIP.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Wilby wrote:Unfortunately call 5503740 has been closed before it was resolved :( . Netcomm also have so far been unable to reslove the issue :shock: . All setting on the modem have been set to those advised by Exetel and tested. All configuration changes made by Exetel have been tested without success for VOIP.
We have further tested from our end. We will email you via the same ticket ASAP.