Setting up the Netcomm NF3ADV

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
monarols

Setting up the Netcomm NF3ADV

Post by monarols » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi all, just a couple of quick questions as I'm having problems in registering my new VoIP Modem Router.

For the username do I put in my AU landline number or my Voip number?
What do I put in for Realm, Domain, Proxy Server and registrar? Is it 58.96.1.2?
Do I enable "Use outbound server"?
and what do I put in for outbound proxy

Also I have a XDECT Uniden cordless phone, and would like to use this, but my previous modem (Netgear DG834) didnt have a DECT setting like this unit does. For users of this modem, do you enable or disable the DECT section. The reason I ask is that the unit came bundled with a single handset Netcomm cordless phone, but I wanted to use my Uniden One which has its own base station?

There is an emulator here if this helps http://emulators.netcomm.com.au/NF3ADV/index.htm

Many thanks for any advice :-)

Cheers Chris

Saliya Pinto
Exetel Staff

Re: Setting up the Netcomm NF3ADV

Post by Saliya Pinto » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:58 am

Hey Chris,

Please use the following settings to configure your VoIP service. We have also sent you an email with VoIP credentials.

- Display name : your VoIP number
- Username : your VoIP number
- Register Name : your VoIP number
- Auth password : your VoIP password
- Realm : 58.96.1.2
- domain : 58.96.1.2
- Proxy server : 58.96.1.2
- Registrar : 58.96.1.2
- Use outbound server : No

Regarding the DECT option, user manual says when you turn it on, NF3ADV would work as a DECT base station, so it might only work with the handset they supplied, its better if you can check that with Netcomm.

monarols

Post by monarols » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 am

Hi Saliya and thanks for your quick reply. Was the email sent to my Exemail email address?, as I havn't received it in either Outlook or Exetel web mail. Many thanks, Chris

Saliya Pinto
Exetel Staff

Post by Saliya Pinto » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:35 am

I have sent it to your gmail(HQ.M******@gmail.com) which is mentioned in your account. Anyways I have sent it again.

monarols

Post by monarols » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 am

OK Thanks so much for that. I will try to register my voip later on today and report back here. Cheers Chris