Port PSTN to VoIP

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
IanS

Port PSTN to VoIP

Post by IanS » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:49 am

Currently my PSTN service (02 49xx xx99) is with Telstra & has fax duet (02 49xx xx03) & calling number display services as well as my Exetel ADSL service.

Is it possible to port my main number (ending in 99) to an Exetel VoIP service & make the fax number my PSTN number?

If so, are there any consequences like a new contract/change of plan, extended downtime etc and what is the procedure to do this?

IanS

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Port PSTN to VoIP

Post by stevecJ » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:13 am

IanS wrote:Currently my PSTN service (02 49xx xx99) is with Telstra & has fax duet (02 49xx xx03) & calling number display services as well as my Exetel ADSL service.

Is it possible to port my main number (ending in 99) to an Exetel VoIP service & make the fax number my PSTN number?

If so, are there any consequences like a new contract/change of plan, extended downtime etc and what is the procedure to do this?

IanS
Hi IanS,

I have forwarded this to the relevant department and they will further check on this and email you directly.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: Port PSTN to VoIP

Post by remosha » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 pm

IanS wrote:Currently my PSTN service (02 49xx xx99) is with Telstra & has fax duet (02 49xx xx03) & calling number display services as well as my Exetel ADSL service.

IanS
Hi Ian,

It's possible to port the PSTN to VoIP. However, this will disconnect the ADSL service that's currently on the line. Exetel will not be able to convert the Fax duet number as the primary PSTN number. If you are able to get this done through your current service provider, then you could apply for a new ADSL service once the conversion is complete. There will be a down time from the day you apply for the PSTN to be converted to VoIP until ADSL is activated on 02 49xx xx03.

You could also check with your current service provider if there's an additional copper line running to your residence. If there is, the chance of getting the fax duet number connected to the 2nd line. If this is possible, you may apply for ADSL once your current fax duet number is assigned as a PSTN number on the 2nd line. Once ADSL is activated, you may request to convert (02 49xx xx99) to VoIP. This way, you can avoid a down time.

If you are currently on contract for the ADSL service on 02 49xx xx99, you will have to bear an Early Cancellation fee of $100 when converting PSTN to VoIP.