Premium to standard WBB result no Voip audio incoming

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Baldrick

Premium to standard WBB result no Voip audio incoming

Post by Baldrick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi,
I just changed my WBB service from the old premium WBB using 'exetel1' APN to the latest rebadged Exetel / Optus WBB service using the 'connect' APN in order to get a decent amount of data.
Result is my Voip is no longer receiving audio.
Equipment used is Netcomm 3G17Wn router, Huawei 1763 dongle & Linksys Spa 3102 ATA.
This combination has always worked adequately without problem while travelling.
Today my service changed over to the new rebranded optus 3G service & I can no longer hear the receiving end of calls & unfortunately I am in process of moving for my work, so have no access to a fixed line at the moment.
(Nothing else has been changed.)
Any known fixes for this problem?

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Re: Premium to standard WBB result no Voip audio incoming

Post by NIrmitha » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi Baldrick,

Could you please email us your service number to 'residentialsupport@exetel.com.au' including the forum link.

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

sent

Arshad Hassim
Exetel Staff

Post by Arshad Hassim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi Bladrick,

Thank you! we have receive your email, this is to let you know that a reply has been sent, we will follow your case up via the ongoing email thread :D

Cheers!

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks to the engineer who I have tested this all with who has done his absolute best for me without doubt & is trying to get a fix via Optus wholesale on this issue. Unfortunately it seems I have been Nat'd pretty badly by this rebadged Optus plan which makes it pretty useless for my purposes. Not only does my Voip fail, but also all my Synology remote access is blocked. After a bit of checking even DDNS fails with my registered Ip from the ddns site showing as different to the result from whatismyip sites, which again is all different to the Ip address listed in my router (Which shows as a private address incidentally, proving the NATing by Optus)
So it looks like for this month I am pretty much stuck without decent communications. I guess I now have no other choice other than to organise a fixed dsl connection to this unit I have just leased even though I will probably be moving from there in around 6 months time, which again means I am going to probably be hit with early termination fee's.... :cry:

Arshad Hassim
Exetel Staff

Post by Arshad Hassim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi Baldrick,

Don't worry as of yet mate, seems like there are couple of customers who are facing identical symptoms after a similar plan change, as of now we are building up a case which will be submitted to our wholesale supplier so that they could investigate the issue and hopefully provide a fruitful solution. we will keep you in the loop :)

Cheers,

Baldrick

Post by Baldrick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for the info Arshad. I would be very happy if I can get these things working in a basic sort of way to tide me through the next few months without need for fixed line.
(Mind you, if I had the spare cash I would just do fixed line anyway... ) :)