Netcomm NF3ADV N900 VOIP problems

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
TijN

Netcomm NF3ADV N900 VOIP problems

Post by TijN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Hey there,

I got NBN about a month ago and to get it I had to buy a new router with a WAN connection.

The router model is NF3ADV N900

The problem is VOIP is registered and works, but after a call is received and/or possibly a few calls, it stops working.

When people call in they here ringing, but nothing rings my end. I can not call out as there is no dial tone, yet I log into the router and it says VOIP registered and working.

I can fix the problem by restarting my router but then the same thing happens after a few calls... any idea's?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Netcomm NF3ADV N900 VOIP problems

Post by KavindaS » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 pm

TijN wrote:Hey there,

I got NBN about a month ago and to get it I had to buy a new router with a WAN connection.

The router model is NF3ADV N900

The problem is VOIP is registered and works, but after a call is received and/or possibly a few calls, it stops working.

When people call in they here ringing, but nothing rings my end. I can not call out as there is no dial tone, yet I log into the router and it says VOIP registered and working.

I can fix the problem by restarting my router but then the same thing happens after a few calls... any idea's?
Can you please paste a screen capture of the sip settings page of the Voip device that you use?

TijN

Post by TijN » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 pm

attached screenshot
Attachments
voip.jpg
voip.jpg (109.24 KiB) Viewed 3373 times

anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Post by anurangaf » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

TijN wrote:attached screenshot
HI,

Could you please login to the router and go to VoIP settings-->SIP Settings-->Other settings
VoIP settings.jpg
VoIP settings.jpg (87.02 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
Then check for SIP expire time, increase it to the maximum and apply settings.

Restart your router and then check the connection again.

If it's still an issue, please check whether is there any new firmware updates, if so please update the firmware and check.

If it's not resolving with the above two options please email to 'residentialsupport@exetel.com.au'

TijN

Post by TijN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 pm

I have checked for firmware updates but i have newest version.

The expire time is set at 500, BUT i did manage to find the problem.

For everyone else who might encounter this problem here is what could be happening.

I had 3 handsets connected to the router, once I disconnected all and just re registered the netcomm handset only, it all works as it should. My thinking is my older handset are not 100% compatible with the netcomm router and when they get picked up for a phone call they somehow don't disconnect properly. Making none of your phones work (ring).

I think i need to buy some more netcomm phones.