voip with several outgoing numbers small office

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Yoshi_900

voip with several outgoing numbers small office

Post by Yoshi_900 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if this can be done or if it has already been discussed.

my Mum's office is one day going to get the nbn (just have to order it)
but she has 4 lines into the place that she can ring out on.
I know u can port PSTN to VOIP but just want to know if i will need a new device to have 4 lines that she can potentially ring out on or receive 4 calls at once.

544 main incoming line PSTN
549 fax line used for outgoing (rarely)
Internet line used for outgoing (rarely)
exetel VOIP used for outgoing (frequently)

she has a PABX (or PBX i kind of forget the acronyms) system which is a bit older now maybe 5-6 years old.

is it possible with voip from exetel of the following scenarios (and do i need different equipment i was looking at getting a new billion all in one which has 2 phone lines, NBN wireless, etc etc)

If the 544 line is busy (incoming call) and someone else calls the 544 number will the router, VOIP system from exetel or PABX route the call to line 2 (on the phone handset)? is this possible via VOIP or not?

Can we have 1 voip account with 4 DID numbers? does that mean the VOIP router only needs only the phone1 port plugged into the PABX system and then the PABX system will work/find the correct line to use etc. or do we need to have a VOIP device that has 4 or more phone ports (out from the VOIP device) for each DID number so that we can use any line to call out and receive calls on?
Basically what we need to know is whether or not it is possible for 4 calls to be active in one voip account or do we need 4 voip accounts to be setup?

I think that is all for now

Thanks

felix

Re: voip with several outgoing numbers small office

Post by felix » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:12 pm

sounds like you need the Virtual/Cloud PABX setup and link the VOIP ports on the billion to the VPBX. This wya you don't have to buy new handsets, but get some PABX functionality plus the ablity to forward to mobile - all with a web management interface and voicemail-to-email.

lodperera
Exetel Staff

Post by lodperera » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Yoshi,

VPBX from Exetel is a powerful tool as felix mentioned :roll: . But I do not think that it would solve your issue as you will have to pay extra for it's config (around $250 initially and $50 monthly). You should be able to re-use the hardware you already have with a billion 4 port router with 2 FXS(telephone) ports.

Could you mention whether the old PBX you have is VoIP supported or an analog one? I'll try to draw a voice diagram with that information.

Furthermore you can consider using Fax2email service where we will be able to use the same fax number you have. Only $5 per month for the service.

regards
Oshada

Yoshi_900

Post by Yoshi_900 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks for the responses guys,

Oh ok the VPBX is a service from exetel, I thought it was a third party thing.

If it is around 250 setup and then around $50 monthly and that includes some calls and does almost everything she wants then that shouldn't be an issue to get setup :)

they can currently call out via VOIP by pressing line 4 and then dialing so I guess the PBX system supports VOIP? Although the PBX system maybe just treating the VOIP line as another physical line as it is physically plugged into the PBX system from the Billion router via a RJ15 (i think that is the type) phone line.

Fax2email is also a consideration and will probably be implemented.

lodperera
Exetel Staff

Post by lodperera » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Yoshi,

The expenses are for the VPBX service only. It doesn't include any call times. However if you PM your contact details, I will get one of the sales agents to contact you.

There is a price reduction for the initial charge if you have an ADSL connection with Exetel. :wink:

regards
LOD

ocular

Post by ocular » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:22 pm

If you want to integrate some more outgoing lines ( that go via VOIP) into your existing PABX then you can use a pstn to voip gateway such as the Linksys SPA8000 ( 8 ports) or the Grandsream 4004 (4 ports). If you are only going to use the voip number for outgoing calls then you can use the same voip number for each port in the gateway configuration. The gateway presents the voip line to the PABX as a PSTN line. So the how many lines you add depends on how many lines the existing PABX can handle in total(sometimes you can add an extra line card to PABX). You can then maintain the existing PSTN lines for incoming calls. So if your existing PABX can handle the extra outgoing lines (PSTN to VOIP)it would involve the cost of the gateway $200-$300 and the cost of the VOIP DID plus outgoing voip call costs and the cost of reprogramming PABX so that the outgoing calls go via the new PSTN to VOIP lines preferentially. You have the existing cost of maintaining the pstn lines and if VOIP goes down then can fallback to existing PSTN lines for outgoing calls. So if the office is already setup with adequate hardware this is a relatively easy way of adapting.