Forward to voicemail when busy

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
ocular

Forward to voicemail when busy

Post by ocular » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Has anyone managed to get this feature to work.

have a number of setups with several DID.

Exetel seems to allow several incoming lines for each DID. So when the DID is in use and another calls come in exetels sip server doesnt sense the DID as busy and therefore "busy" is not recognise - just unavailable (leave a message) at the end of the ring timeout.(ie Voicemail is activated). Also confirmed where voicemail was going by setting up a specific voicemail message for when busy.

is there a way to setup so that only one incoming call per DID is allowed so that that this can be sensed at the exetal sip server end and so that "busy" is recognised

I have tried this on a Grandstream 4004, SPA8000 and Siemens cordless and samsung S2 set up with sip exetel account and differernt DIDs but cant get busy recognised. Thanks for advice

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Forward to voicemail when busy

Post by stevecJ » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 pm

ocular wrote:Has anyone managed to get this feature to work.

have a number of setups with several DID.

Exetel seems to allow several incoming lines for each DID. So when the DID is in use and another calls come in exetels sip server doesnt sense the DID as busy and therefore "busy" is not recognise - just unavailable (leave a message) at the end of the ring timeout.(ie Voicemail is activated). Also confirmed where voicemail was going by setting up a specific voicemail message for when busy.

is there a way to setup so that only one incoming call per DID is allowed so that that this can be sensed at the exetal sip server end and so that "busy" is recognised

I have tried this on a Grandstream 4004, SPA8000 and Siemens cordless and samsung S2 set up with sip exetel account and differernt DIDs but cant get busy recognised. Thanks for advice
Hi,

I have passed this to our voip engineers and will update you soon :)

Ticket ID: 7496363
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

felix

Post by felix » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 pm

your VoIP hardware needs to report back unavailable essentially. If it doesn't do this, the SIP server will simply attempt a connection. You also must have an email address in the voicemail section to have the exetel forward to voicemail working.

Not sure about your hardware but the Siemens VoIP/PSTN hybrid I use has a feature to limit incoming calls to 1, sending back busy on VoIP and PSTN services during a call. I have it set to active calls = number of handsets as I have 2 handsets and 4 services (3 voip + PSTN).

ocular

Post by ocular » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:10 pm

The sip server is seeing the 2nd incoming call and reporting unavailable because the call is not managed by my voip hardware, but want I want to do is for the exetel server to sense "busy" so that it forwards to the busy voicemail message not the unavailable voice message (which it now does). Will try on the siemens setup to see what happens when limited to one incoming voip line.

thanks

lodperera
Exetel Staff

Post by lodperera » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi All,

We have successfully recreated the issue. When the device send a busy signal still it ends up in the unavailable greeting :twisted: .

Already escalated this to the L3 Team. Will keep you updated :mrgreen: .

regards
LOD

ocular

Post by ocular » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Thank you for following this thru.

Presumably means that call forwarding when busy not working as well. :idea:

lodperera
Exetel Staff

Post by lodperera » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Ocular,

This is fixed and tested. I heard my own Busy message which was nice.. :P

regards
LOD

ocular

Post by ocular » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:06 pm

So is this feature independent of end users hardware and totally depends on detection of an existing call in progress at exetel sip server end for a particular DID?

thanks for fixing this - will test

lodperera
Exetel Staff

Post by lodperera » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Nope.. End device send the SIP server a busy message. So the SIP server directs the call to the busy voicemail greeting..

ocular

Post by ocular » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks for this. Can get to "busy message" on my Siemens C470 IP if press reject button on handset when 2nd incoming call.
I was told by Grandstream support that I need to Disable call waiting in my GWX4004 profile to send a "busy "signal back to sip server. Will go and test,

Not sure about other hardware, but the principle seems to be to disable call waiting in the ATA hardware - belive you can do this in the Sipura/ Linksys/ Cisco stuff. Thanks exetel for sorting this out.

lodperera
Exetel Staff

Post by lodperera » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Ocular,

Sure thing.. All end devices should send 'busy' signal back when call waiting is disabled.

Ciao.
LOD