International VOIP Charges

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Bruce

International VOIP Charges

Post by Bruce » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 pm

This is not a complaint and I know I can purchase special packs to reduce these charges however...

I rarely make international calls but I was looking at the VOIP International Charges and I noticed a big discrepancy between the charges to the three countries that on those rare occasions I call. Namely Malaysia, USA and UK.

The UK charges seem to be totally out of kilter with all the other countries for example they vary from 10 or 20cents up to an incredible 64 and 71 cents a minute.

I was just curious to know why UK charges are so high compared to other places? Does anybody know?

Regards
Bruce

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: International VOIP Charges

Post by Dazzled » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 pm

This talks about the variety of UK numbers, as charged locally - http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/files/201 ... bering.pdf

Ordinary numbers are only 2c.

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:54 am

Dazzled wrote:This talks about the variety of UK numbers, as charged locally - http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/files/201 ... bering.pdf

Ordinary numbers are only 2c.

Have just read that PDF file - that is amazing and totally daft, I hope we don't go down that path. I do remember they have no local calls all calls are timed.

You can't complain about the 2c/min it was just the complications of the rest of those numbers that had me confused.

regards
Bruce

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Now that things have settled down with the Exetel website, could the forum please point me in the direction of the international charges for VOIP and the VOIP international packs if still available?
Thanks

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Surfn Chick wrote:Now that things have settled down with the Exetel website, could the forum please point me in the direction of the international charges for VOIP and the VOIP international packs if still available?
International call rates are available via the link below,
http://www.exetel.com.au/corporate/inbo ... -pricelist

At the moment there is no option to order VoIP packs from member's. However, I will follow up this with our VoIP team and let you know if VoIP packs will be available in future.

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 pm

There are two things very wrong with your answer ShaminG:

1. First of all you are aware that Exetel supply VOIP to residential services and therefore the VOIP prices should be there too.

2. Secondly, your link takes me straight to the prices however even after extensive searching through Corporate, Voice Services I still can't find the prices

Please give the forum the exact pathway. Not the link.

I will start it for you.

Should you wish to find residential international VOIP prices go to:

Corporate
Corporate Voice

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Surfn Chick wrote:There are two things very wrong with your answer ShaminG:

1. First of all you are aware that Exetel supply VOIP to residential services and therefore the VOIP prices should be there too.

2. Secondly, your link takes me straight to the prices however even after extensive searching through Corporate, Voice Services I still can't find the prices

Please give the forum the exact pathway. Not the link.

I will start it for you.

Should you wish to find residential international VOIP prices go to:

Corporate
Corporate Voice
I found it myself. Exetel this is just not good enough. Why any residential VOIP user should have to look under corporate and business VOIP is ridiculous.
Corporate
Corporate Voice
Voice Services
Then Scroll right to the bottom of the page

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:04 pm

A week or so ago the price list was in the Users area. I looked it up. Now it is in hiding.

Is it too much to ask for a reversion to the old facilities, Mr Linton's pride, until this site is actually fixed?

Thanks to the coding it is hard to find on some browsers. Use http://www.exetel.com.au/corporate/inbo ... -pricelist

shoner
Forum Admin

Post by shoner » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Dazzled wrote:A week or so ago the price list was in the Users area. I looked it up. Now it is in hiding.

Is it too much to ask for a reversion to the old facilities, Mr Linton's pride, until this site is actually fixed?

Thanks to the coding it is hard to find on some browsers. Use http://www.exetel.com.au/corporate/inbo ... -pricelist
Apologies for the inconvenience we have alerted Devs to fix this.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal