Voip Password. What the hell?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
exeteluser9384759

Voip Password. What the hell?

Post by exeteluser9384759 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:48 pm

I just ported my old pstn to a voip service. I can access the user facilities using the name/pass supplied in exetel's email. The password in that email doesn't allow me to authenticate to the sip server. Apparently its a different password to the user facilities one. I've looked at every single page in the user facility. There is no other password supplied anywhere, but there is a page to reset the password which is pointless because i can't access the current password to reset it. WTF is going on?? Where is the password?!!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Voip Password. What the hell?

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 26, 2014 2:17 pm

exeteluser9384759 wrote:I just ported my old pstn to a voip service. I can access the user facilities using the name/pass supplied in exetel's email. The password in that email doesn't allow me to authenticate to the sip server. Apparently its a different password to the user facilities one. I've looked at every single page in the user facility. There is no other password supplied anywhere, but there is a page to reset the password which is pointless because i can't access the current password to reset it. WTF is going on?? Where is the password?!!
PM me your Voip telephone number as I am unable to locate a voip number with your ADSL customer id.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Voip Password. What the hell?

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 27, 2014 7:36 pm

KavindaS wrote:
exeteluser9384759 wrote:I just ported my old pstn to a voip service. I can access the user facilities using the name/pass supplied in exetel's email. The password in that email doesn't allow me to authenticate to the sip server. Apparently its a different password to the user facilities one. I've looked at every single page in the user facility. There is no other password supplied anywhere, but there is a page to reset the password which is pointless because i can't access the current password to reset it. WTF is going on?? Where is the password?!!
PM me your Voip telephone number as I am unable to locate a voip number with your ADSL customer id.
Thanks for the PM. I have tested your voip account using a soft phone with the available credentials, it is working perfectly after registering to the sip server. I have sent a separate email containing the correct credentials to configure your voip setup. If you have further issues with this, contact us and quote the Ticket ID: 7941815.