Trouble with VOIP registration

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
mikebainbridge

Trouble with VOIP registration

Post by mikebainbridge » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:30 pm

HI I'm a new user - my NBN connection is behaving well - I've got a new shiny Netcomm N600 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Modem Router with Voice - NB16WV-02

I've been to the FAQ and set it all up according to the advice but still can't get registered - The problem, I think, is that Exetel have sent me the wrong details.

In the email they sent- the VOIP details they have given are:

DID/Telephone Number : xxxxxxxx [8 digits]
ExeFone Password: xxxxxxxxxx (case sensitive) [10digits and actually my new phone number]

Am I correct that they have had a 'small glitch' ?

Best wishes

Mike

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Trouble with VOIP registration

Post by Dazzled » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Your number has 10 digits and most if not all passwords are 8 chars. So it feels like a glitch.

Contact support by email for a fix, or else wait here until a support staffer drops by.

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:35 pm

mikebainbridge wrote:HI I'm a new user - my NBN connection is behaving well - I've got a new shiny Netcomm N600 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Modem Router with Voice - NB16WV-02

I've been to the FAQ and set it all up according to the advice but still can't get registered - The problem, I think, is that Exetel have sent me the wrong details.

ExeFone Password: xxxxxxxxxx (case sensitive) [10digits and actually my new phone number]

Best wishes

Mike
Hi Mike,

Could you please PM your service number/VOIP number.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:23 am

mikebainbridge wrote:HI I'm a new user - my NBN connection is behaving well - I've got a new shiny Netcomm N600 Dual Band WiFi Gigabit Modem Router with Voice - NB16WV-02

Best wishes

Mike
Hi Mike,

A separate email containing your VOIP login details has been sent to your nominated email. Please have a look and let us know if you need any further assistance. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================