Port Exetel Voip number *to* Exetel bundled PSTN?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
bananas-oz

Port Exetel Voip number *to* Exetel bundled PSTN?

Post by bananas-oz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Some History:
- Exetel customer 2002 - 2005 and then 2007 to 2015.
- Started with land line plus DSL. Went naked about 5 or 6 years ago when the cheap deals were offered and ported the PSTN number to a voip service. Very happy.
- Around 3 years ago the cheap bundles with Optus Wholesale came out, so when everyone was encouraged to switch back to a landline plus DSL bundle, so I moved to that.
- I have never made or received a call to this bundled PSTN number. I don't even have a handset connected to it. I have continued to use voip due to travel.
- I now would like to drop the voip service, BUT I MUST keep the number. I would like to port it to the PSTN service that my DSL is currently part of.

I rang today and it seems the only way I can keep my Voip number and port it to a PSTN service is to switch providers. This seems weird. All services I have are with Exetel and have been since 2007.

Has anyone been able to port voip *TO* pstn? If yes, how did it work? Did you have to switch providers to make it happen. I have a total spend of over $100 a month with them. Seems weird that we can't make it happen.

natashaf
Exetel Staff

Re: Port Exetel Voip number *to* Exetel bundled PSTN?

Post by natashaf » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:42 am

Hi David,

Kindly note that inquiry has been looked into and a sales agent will contact you to assist further.

Regards,

Natasha