Where is my password?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
aleclangford

Where is my password?

Post by aleclangford » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:40 am

I'm looking in my members panel for my voip password, but cannot find it for the life of me. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong spot but I have no idea where I haven't already clicked, can someone post me a url or something?

Kumudh
Exetel Staff

Re: Where is my password?

Post by Kumudh » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 am

aleclangford wrote:I'm looking in my members panel for my voip password, but cannot find it for the life of me. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong spot but I have no idea where I haven't already clicked, can someone post me a url or something?
Hi aleclangford,

The option to change your VoIP password is no longer available on the members portal. Please advise which of the two numbers your are having problems with. Is it he one ending with 906 or 995?

aleclangford

Post by aleclangford » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Both, I never received a password for my 906 and have no idea where to find it, I do have a password for my 995 account but when signing into it on my android I get told I have bad username or password, when signing into x-lite I get a failed to enable

Kumudh
Exetel Staff

Post by Kumudh » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:47 pm

aleclangford wrote:Both, I never received a password for my 906 and have no idea where to find it, I do have a password for my 995 account but when signing into it on my android I get told I have bad username or password, when signing into x-lite I get a failed to enable
Hi aleclangford,

We have opened up a ticket with regards to this case with the number 9181406. An email has been sent to you as well.

Cheers.

aleclangford

Post by aleclangford » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Thankyou that has fixed the issue with the 995 number

degan79

Post by degan79 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 pm

I too have no idea what my Voip password is either

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Fri May 20, 2016 8:46 pm

degan79 wrote:I too have no idea what my Voip password is either
I have sent you a separate email to your Gmail, which contains the credentials and settings.

terryc

Post by terryc » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:12 pm

Also looking for a password for my new VOIP via the adsl service transferred to NBN.
Is that enough information for some one to find the account/number or do I need to post it to someone.
I did try a support ticket #10386824, but they are currently hung up on where the request came from.

As I keep saying, so long as the reply is sent to the email address attached to the service, there is no problem.
All these email addresses are aliased addresses set up to receive) emails from a specific supplier/etc for a specific purpose and none of them can send emails.

Thank You.

Kumudh
Exetel Staff

Post by Kumudh » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:37 pm

terryc wrote:Also looking for a password for my new VOIP via the adsl service transferred to NBN.
Is that enough information for some one to find the account/number or do I need to post it to someone.
I did try a support ticket #10386824, but they are currently hung up on where the request came from.

As I keep saying, so long as the reply is sent to the email address attached to the service, there is no problem.
All these email addresses are aliased addresses set up to receive) emails from a specific supplier/etc for a specific purpose and none of them can send emails.

Thank You.
Hi terryc,

We can only send your credentials to the authorized email address you have mentioned on your account. I have already sent them to this.

If you want the credentials sent to a different email account either verify your account by replying to my colleagues email or update the email address you want via your MyExetel management page.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi Kavinda

I have seen the reported problem with new VoIP services a number of times - the email sent by Exetel to advise that the service is active does not include the login details, the login fields are named but they have no values inserted (they are empty). I have raised this issue before. Perhaps you could get the developers to look into it.
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Gidget wrote:Hi Kavinda

I have seen the reported problem with new VoIP services a number of times - the email sent by Exetel to advise that the service is active does not include the login details, the login fields are named but they have no values inserted (they are empty). I have raised this issue before. Perhaps you could get the developers to look into it.
I will check that for you. Issue seems to be with the fresh voip activations only as I need to check that with the provisioning and developing teams. Issue shuldn't be there with the PSTN to VOIP numbers, as we manually send the login email once it is tested and ready to use.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:40 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Gidget wrote:Hi Kavinda

I will check that for you. Issue seems to be with the fresh voip activations only as I need to check that with the provisioning and developing teams. Issue shuldn't be there with the PSTN to VOIP numbers, as we manually send the login email once it is tested and ready to use.
Mean time If you have a sample email with you of [the login fields are named but they have no values inserted (they are empty)] , can you forward that to me on kavindas@exetel.com.au, so I can use that to escalate with the developers as I have already spoken to them.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks for your help, Kavinda.

I'll see if I can dig one out and send it to you.
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Gidget wrote:Thanks for your help, Kavinda.

I'll see if I can dig one out and send it to you.
No Probs. Just see if possible only. :)

xkostas

Post by xkostas » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:25 pm

I too have no idea what my VoIP password is either ???
I have never received any mail with VoIP user name and password.