forbidden

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: forbidden

Post by Dazzled » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:08 pm

We have a Linux laptop running Linphone which travels o/s and calls from many places. It has a pretty standard config, ie no STUN, uses RFC2833. It hasn't been changed for years, and the only problems found have been caused by a few hotel admins blocking the high default RTP ports and spoiling audio. That one is a simple fix. It was used in several places abroad early this year, with no DTMF troubles.

fsm

Post by fsm » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:31 am

The DTMF issue has cleared up without changes on my part. REGISTERing still requires STUN enabled. Please test with CSipSimple and Telstra AIr. Even with STUN enabled, registration occasionally fails with forbidden. For example, I used the WIFi inside a pub and successfully registered, registration failed with forbidden when I tried Telstra Air, then worked again with pub WiFI -- and I successfully received a call over that.

Disabling then renabling STUN causes a forbidden lockout for a period.

My other VoIP providers are agnostic about STUN setting.

Please fix it. Surely someone at Exetel uses both CSipSimple and Telstra Air...

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:50 pm

fsm wrote:The DTMF issue has cleared up without changes on my part. REGISTERing still requires STUN enabled. Please test with CSipSimple and Telstra AIr. Even with STUN enabled, registration occasionally fails with forbidden. For example, I used the WIFi inside a pub and successfully registered, registration failed with forbidden when I tried Telstra Air, then worked again with pub WiFI -- and I successfully received a call over that.

Disabling then renabling STUN causes a forbidden lockout for a period.

My other VoIP providers are agnostic about STUN setting.

Please fix it. Surely someone at Exetel uses both CSipSimple and Telstra Air...
We will further check and get back to you on this.