VOIP Password - never received one?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
dmw69r

VOIP Password - never received one?

Post by dmw69r » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:56 pm

After switching my small business from Exetel ADSL to Exetel NBN FTTN a few weeks ago, I am troubleshooting a non-working VOIP service and following the instructions at http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... etup_Guide. (Can call out but won't accept incoming calls).
It asks for the "VOIP password" to be entered into the router config but I can't see that I received a VOIP password, only a modem password via text message and email from Exetel. I did receive a password for my previous VOIP service a couple of years ago and have tried entering this in the router's config screen but it doesn't seem to work.
Where should I look to find my new VOIP password?

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Re: VOIP Password - never received one?

Post by HimaJ » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Please note that we have sent you an email to your nominated email address with all the VoIP settings including the password.

Your reference number : 11426850

Please feel free to contact Exetel via the same email thread if you have any further concerns.

dmw69r

Post by dmw69r » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Thankyou Hima, I had never seen that password before, but anyway I have now entered the VOIP password into the router configuration screen (Netcomm NF4V), along with port 5060, SIP proxies, authentication name, etc etc (see screenshot attached) following the instructions on http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... etup_Guide except using ppp0.1 instead of any_WAN since I am on FTTN;
and still the same problem: not receiving incoming calls. I have replied to your email about this too but it looks like my email will go to a generic exetel support email not to you specifically; hence I'm just replying here too.
Attachments
NF4V VOIP config screenshot.JPG
NF4V VOIP config screenshot.JPG (78.7 KiB) Viewed 1658 times

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 pm

dmw69r wrote:Thankyou Hima, I had never seen that password before, but anyway I have now entered the VOIP password into the router configuration screen (Netcomm NF4V), along with port 5060, SIP proxies, authentication name, etc etc (see screenshot attached) following the instructions on http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... etup_Guide except using ppp0.1 instead of any_WAN since I am on FTTN;
and still the same problem: not receiving incoming calls. I have replied to your email about this too but it looks like my email will go to a generic exetel support email not to you specifically; hence I'm just replying here too.
We will further check and reply back to you via the same ticket reference 11426850.