disgraceful VOIP wait time

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
jimdigris

disgraceful VOIP wait time

Post by jimdigris » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:38 pm

We switched over from Exetel ADSL2 to Exetel NBN in March. Our landline has been off for a week and still no VOIP! We were advised that our landline would be switched off and the average time for this could be as long as two days whilst the VOIP through the Exetel supplied modem (ZTW H268A) is activated/registered. This is unacceptable. So just whose fault is it? Is it Exetel or NBN not activating the VOIP? And for the record, Exetel never supplied me with any details for the following in the modem: SIP Account, Authorization Username and Password. So in case this is the problem, where do I get this info. Also, over thirty minutes waiting for service is a disgrace, time for you to hire more service staff!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: disgraceful VOIP wait time

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

jimdigris wrote:We switched over from Exetel ADSL2 to Exetel NBN in March. Our landline has been off for a week and still no VOIP! We were advised that our landline would be switched off and the average time for this could be as long as two days whilst the VOIP through the Exetel supplied modem (ZTW H268A) is activated/registered. This is unacceptable. So just whose fault is it? Is it Exetel or NBN not activating the VOIP? And for the record, Exetel never supplied me with any details for the following in the modem: SIP Account, Authorization Username and Password. So in case this is the problem, where do I get this info. Also, over thirty minutes waiting for service is a disgrace, time for you to hire more service staff!
I have checked the PSTN to VOIP record and it is now completed. We have emailed the SIP settings and now we can see the voip number is registered in the modem and working. Let us know if you need further assistance on this.