Call Forward then divert to Voicemail

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
diaz

Call Forward then divert to Voicemail

Post by diaz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:45 am

I currently have set in my online Exetel VoIP Configuration page to forward all calls to a mobile number. I have the destination SIM in a phone dialler that I have set up to replace my POTS service since moving to the NBN. This works well but I would like to have the call divereted to Exetel voicemail after 30 seconds but it instead rings out and never diverts. The Exetel VoIP Configuration page gives the impression that it will divert to Voicemail:
Exetel.jpg
Exetel.jpg (141.42 KiB) Viewed 621 times
I have another VoIP number with Telecube that I have configured the same way. That is, it rings my dialler for 30 seconds then diverts to my Telecube voicemail.

UPDATE:
I experimented by registering my voip number to my ATA and it will ring for 30 seconds before diverting to my dialler. So it seems that there is no way to divert to voicemail from an unanswered forwarded call with Exetel.

Is this something that could be added? Telecube has a linehunt option which allows you to put up to 10 numbers that it can try in sequence. These can be a voip extension, a "real" number or a voice mailbox.

AroshJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Call Forward then divert to Voicemail

Post by AroshJ » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi Diaz,

Please be kind enough to drop an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au with your service details to investigate this matter further.