call waiting

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
techoff2

call waiting

Post by techoff2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Has anyone had problems with call waiting not working with NBN.
I have ticked the box on the router setup to allow call waiting and I hear the call waiting tone when on the line with someone else, but on pressing the call waiting button on the phone there is no response.
The original person is still there and I can go back to them.
Thanks

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: call waiting

Post by KrishanK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 am

techoff2 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 pm
Has anyone had problems with call waiting not working with NBN.
I have ticked the box on the router setup to allow call waiting and I hear the call waiting tone when on the line with someone else, but on pressing the call waiting button on the phone there is no response.
The original person is still there and I can go back to them.
Thanks
Kindly be advised that we opened a ticket with the Reference no: 13392087 and sent you an email with the outcome we obtained through the remote testing, and some instructions.

Be kind enough to go through the email and respond to us accordingly.

techoff2

Post by techoff2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Finally worked out this problem.
Before NBN all I had to do to get a call that was waiting was to press the call wait button and I was connected to the incoming waiting call.
Now I have to press the call wait button and then press 2 to get the incoming waiting call, then if I press 1 I go back to the original call.
Hope this might help someone else.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Post by KrishanK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:26 pm

techoff2 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 pm
Finally worked out this problem.
Before NBN all I had to do to get a call that was waiting was to press the call wait button and I was connected to the incoming waiting call.
Now I have to press the call wait button and then press 2 to get the incoming waiting call, then if I press 1 I go back to the original call.
Hope this might help someone else.
Thank you for sharing your experience on our forum which may help others in the future. However kindly be advised that some options may vary when handling call features, from handset to handset.