ZTE NBN VOIP not registered?

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
mercury

ZTE NBN VOIP not registered?

Post by mercury » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:11 am

Hi

I have 2 emails - one with log in details and one saying ZTE is preconfigured with details. Checking the setting they do look to be preconfigured with the info in the email.

When I plug my old analogue handset into the modem, I get a dial tone but can't dial out. THe phone light on the modem is off. The VOIP status is "unregistered".

What do I do now?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: ZTE NBN VOIP not registered?

Post by KavindaS » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:48 pm

mercury wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:11 am
Hi

I have 2 emails - one with log in details and one saying ZTE is preconfigured with details. Checking the setting they do look to be preconfigured with the info in the email.

When I plug my old analogue handset into the modem, I get a dial tone but can't dial out. THe phone light on the modem is off. The VOIP status is "unregistered".

What do I do now?
Usually provided modems are preconfigured to the internet and VOIP. However, if the modem says VOIP is not registered, I would suggest you do a reconfiguration to the VOIP. You may follow the instructions via http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _ZTE_H268A

mercury

Post by mercury » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:30 am

thanks, it seems to be working now. As just saved the password from the email and it registered. Maybe the pre-configured email was wrong??

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:19 pm

mercury wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:30 am
thanks, it seems to be working now. As just saved the password from the email and it registered. Maybe the pre-configured email was wrong??
We are glad that the service is working as designed. The internet configuration are pre configured before the Modems are dispatched however VoIP service credentials can only be created once VoIP service is activated which may occur once the internet service is up and running hence why VoIP cannot be pre configured within the modem before its dispatched.