Number Porting and VOIP configuration quick question

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
kkfat

Number Porting and VOIP configuration quick question

Post by kkfat » Tue May 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Exetel,

I have joined Exetel with both my home and my in-law home, and my parents home is on the way when NbN is becoming available next month. In all cases, we are porting our existing home number to Exetel.

I just have a few quick questions.

1. It wasn't clear to me after the NbN guys finishes their setup, I had to call Exetel to start the porting process. Before my installation was scheduled, I have received emails from Exetel saying due to the porting of the number, Exetel needs to get the number porting prepared before the setup can be scheduled, and asked me for a little more patient. Which was perfectly fine, but I just didn't know I had to call.

2. There are many features displayed here: https://www.exetel.com.au/phone/voip-features However, how and where do I access these? I have looked into MyExetel, where there are a lot of nice features, but nothing about my VOIP status/features. Do I only get to see my VOIP management after the porting is successfully completed? You had a PENDING activation status display for broadband service within MyExtel, you should probably have similar on VOIP as well to avoid confusions. I have login to MyExtel App from my iOS and also only see limited detail on my broadband without anything regarding my VOIP.

3. During my call the Exetel to start the porting process of my two accounts this morning, I got cut off after a few minutes been put on hold. I am assuming that you will take care of everything for me from here. If someone can give me a confirmation on that would be very much appreciated. Each time calling you is a 30 min wait, and I don't want to block these people having more urgent needs talking to someone.

Thanks.

So far I find Exetel pretty good. Very compatible pricing on nice packages with adequate information for most users to get going. MyExtel is also very powerful, good job.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Number Porting and VOIP configuration quick question

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 07, 2019 5:48 pm

kkfat wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:55 pm

Welcome to the Exetel Forum :)

1. It wasn't clear to me after the NbN guys finishes their setup, I had to call Exetel to start the porting process. Before my installation was scheduled, I have received emails from Exetel saying due to the porting of the number, Exetel needs to get the number porting prepared before the setup can be scheduled, and asked me for a little more patient. Which was perfectly fine, but I just didn't know I had to call.
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this. I have passed this feedback with our sales department, which usually need to inform you during the application stage.
kkfat wrote:
2. There are many features displayed here: https://www.exetel.com.au/phone/voip-features However, how and where do I access these? I have looked into MyExetel, where there are a lot of nice features, but nothing about my VOIP status/features. Do I only get to see my VOIP management after the porting is successfully completed? You had a PENDING activation status display for broadband service within MyExtel, you should probably have similar on VOIP as well to avoid confusions. I have login to MyExtel App from my iOS and also only see limited detail on my broadband without anything regarding my VOIP.
Yes, you will only get to see your VOIP management after the porting is successfully completed. I have informed the provisioning team to check the possibilities of having a similar VOIP pending status record.
kkfat wrote:
3. During my call the Exetel to start the porting process of my two accounts this morning, I got cut off after a few minutes been put on hold. I am assuming that you will take care of everything for me from here. If someone can give me a confirmation on that would be very much appreciated. Each time calling you is a 30 min wait, and I don't want to block these people having more urgent needs talking to someone.
PM me your relevant reference numbers or the service numbers, and I will check this accordingly.
kkfat wrote:
So far I find Exetel pretty good. Very compatible pricing on nice packages with adequate information for most users to get going. MyExtel is also very powerful, good job.
Thank you, for your valuable feedback on our products.

kkfat

Post by kkfat » Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks KavindaS,

I have PM-ed you my details, hopefully everything is good. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks again,
K

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 pm

kkfat wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Thanks KavindaS,

I have PM-ed you my details, hopefully everything is good. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks again,
K
I have received your PMs, and escalated with our provisioning team to check and provide you a feedback.