Our phone is still not connected

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Gtsteve

Our phone is still not connected

Post by Gtsteve » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi,
The internet was connected back on the 18th July I think, It is fine, I set up webmail that is also good,
but still the phone is not working. Is this wait normal?

Cheers Steve s/n 0201480425

judep
Exetel Staff

Re: Our phone is still not connected

Post by judep » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:27 pm

Gtsteve wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:51 pm
Hi,
The internet was connected back on the 18th July I think, It is fine, I set up webmail that is also good,
but still the phone is not working. Is this wait normal?

Cheers Steve s/n 0201480425
Hi,

We have escalated this inquiry internally therefore our provisioning team will contact you to inform of an estimated time of arrival (ETA). Your reference #15706703.

Thanks

Gtsteve

Post by Gtsteve » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Thank you, judep,
We shall await their advice.
Cheers Steve

Gtsteve

Post by Gtsteve » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:15 am

Well we are getting closer,
yesterday we received an email advising us that the voip was connected,
and another one giving us a username and a password.
No indication how to use the name and password unfortunately. just
"Please configure your VoIP device with following details."
I don't know how to do that, I thought that the Exetel router was already preconfigured.
And of course the phone still won't ring in or out despite a dial tone.

What next?

Steve

Gtsteve

Post by Gtsteve » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Ok, finally the phone works.
It took 19 days. Not bad by some people's experiences apparently.

I tried to configure the modem with the password etc myself, but I could not do it.
So I went on the hour and a half on hold queue and then tech support quickly did it from his end.

What a long complicated process this has been for me. The modem was supposed to have been pre-configured.
Why don't exetel just do that automatically from their end in the first place as soon as it is ported over?

If I had been told that it usually takes three weeks to connect the phone I would not have cared, the frustration comes when a question of 'how long does it take....' does not get an answer, but a response of 'we apologize and refer you....'

New Exetel customers I still don't know if 19 days for the phone connection good, bad or normal.
And Exetel, I hope that you can find this feedback useful.

Cheers Steve

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Gtsteve wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 pm
Ok, finally the phone works.
It took 19 days. Not bad by some people's experiences apparently.

I tried to configure the modem with the password etc myself, but I could not do it.
So I went on the hour and a half on hold queue and then tech support quickly did it from his end.

What a long complicated process this has been for me. The modem was supposed to have been pre-configured.
Why don't exetel just do that automatically from their end in the first place as soon as it is ported over?

If I had been told that it usually takes three weeks to connect the phone I would not have cared, the frustration comes when a question of 'how long does it take....' does not get an answer, but a response of 'we apologize and refer you....'

New Exetel customers I still don't know if 19 days for the phone connection good, bad or normal.
And Exetel, I hope that you can find this feedback useful.

Cheers Steve
Firstly, we’re sorry for the inconvenience may have caused with the activation process and the modem configuration. Unfortunately, we cannot send a pre-configured modem with VOIP or configure it when activated, when the service has a pending PSTN to VOIP and that is why we send the credentials to the customer directly.

However, feedbacks from our customers help us to keep our finger on the pulse and really help us in understanding your needs.