Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Post Reply
nickcorr
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Officer, Vic

Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by nickcorr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi All,
I am having an issue with my VoIP set up at the moment.
It has stopped sending me the emails with the attached message, when the Messagebank is used. This means I need to use the VoIP handset to listen to the handset and cannot forward it to the correct member of the family that it is relevant to.
It was all working fine previously, and seems to be still correctly configured in MyExetel.

Any suggestions?

Nick

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:08 pm

nickcorr wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:17 pm
Hi All,
I am having an issue with my VoIP set up at the moment.
It has stopped sending me the emails with the attached message, when the Messagebank is used. This means I need to use the VoIP handset to listen to the handset and cannot forward it to the correct member of the family that it is relevant to.
It was all working fine previously, and seems to be still correctly configured in MyExetel.

Any suggestions?

Nick
Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, there is an outage ongoing with the VOIP voice mail service and we have informed this in forums.

Kindly refer the URL viewtopic.php?p=328202#p328202 for further updates.

nickcorr
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Officer, Vic

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by nickcorr » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi Kavinda,

I can see that the outage has been fixed. But I do not think that is the problem. So today, I have tested both my Exetel VoIP numbers and heard the correct personalised message bank outgoing and was able to leave a message. However, neither of these messages have been emailed to me. As I said before, I think that my settings in MyExetel are correct and this service did used to work correctly, with the voice mails being emailed to my 2 separate email address'.

Any thoughts on this?

Nick

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:05 pm

nickcorr wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi Kavinda,

I can see that the outage has been fixed. But I do not think that is the problem. So today, I have tested both my Exetel VoIP numbers and heard the correct personalised message bank outgoing and was able to leave a message. However, neither of these messages have been emailed to me. As I said before, I think that my settings in MyExetel are correct and this service did used to work correctly, with the voice mails being emailed to my 2 separate email address'.

Any thoughts on this?

Nick
Hi Nick,

In that situation we need to isolate and individually investigate this issue. Checking through your records indicates 2 active VOIP numbers with both having the voice mail sending to email function. Do you have the issue with your both voip message banks or just one? Is it the VOIP number ending with 552 or 950 ?

nickcorr
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Officer, Vic

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by nickcorr » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi Kavinda,
Same problem with both of them.
Nick

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:48 pm

nickcorr wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:33 pm
Hi Kavinda,
Same problem with both of them.
Nick
Hi Nick,

I am currently working on this with the senior voip engineers. Just for the clarification, do you receive the emails and there is no voice mail attachment or you don't receive emails at all?

nickcorr
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Officer, Vic

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by nickcorr » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi Kavinda,
I don't receive the emails at all.
Nick
KavindaS wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi Nick,

I am currently working on this with the senior voip engineers. Just for the clarification, do you receive the emails and there is no voice mail attachment or you don't receive emails at all?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

nickcorr wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi Kavinda,
I don't receive the emails at all.
Nick
Hi Nick,

Thank you for the details. This is currently investigating with our senior VOIP engineers and you will be informed accordingly. Your ticket reference number is 16206606.

nickcorr
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Officer, Vic

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by nickcorr » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:32 am

Thanks for this Kavinda.
KavindaS wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the details. This is currently investigating with our senior VOIP engineers and you will be informed accordingly. Your ticket reference number is 16206606.

nickcorr
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:08 am
Location: Officer, Vic

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by nickcorr » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi Kavinda,

I hope you are well.

Any update on this? We are still not getting any emails with the attached voice mail.

Nick
nickcorr wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:32 am
Thanks for this Kavinda.
KavindaS wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the details. This is currently investigating with our senior VOIP engineers and you will be informed accordingly. Your ticket reference number is 16206606.

judep
Exetel Staff
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Not revieving VoIP Messagebank emails

Post by judep » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 pm

nickcorr wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:33 pm
Hi Kavinda,

I hope you are well.

Any update on this? We are still not getting any emails with the attached voice mail.

Nick
nickcorr wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:32 am
Thanks for this Kavinda.
KavindaS wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the details. This is currently investigating with our senior VOIP engineers and you will be informed accordingly. Your ticket reference number is 16206606.
Hi Nick,

Our Level 2 VoIP engineers claimed that they were able to resolve the issue on the 25/10/2019 and we sent you a notification. Since the issue still persists I will re escalate this back to our Level 2 engineers. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Thanks.

Post Reply