NBN VoIP with 4G failover (again)

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
GreyFox

NBN VoIP with 4G failover (again)

Post by GreyFox » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:48 pm

This topic first came up about a year ago, during a significant NBN outage. At the time, consensus seemed to be that it could work, should work, and sounds like a good idea. Now that I've tried it (blame it on COVID-19 and stay-at-home orders) I've found that it's not quite hitting the mark. When connected through an Exetel MBB service, I can place calls to another Exetel VoIP number, but I cannot call anything else. (Everything else comes back with an engaged tone.) I can receive calls form an Exetel VoIP number, but nothing else. (My phone rings, but when I answer the dialing phone continues to receive "ringing" tone, while my phone is silent.) Is this something that can be fixed?

kavindip
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN VoIP with 4G failover (again)

Post by kavindip » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:27 pm

GreyFox wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:48 pm
This topic first came up about a year ago, during a significant NBN outage. At the time, consensus seemed to be that it could work, should work, and sounds like a good idea. Now that I've tried it (blame it on COVID-19 and stay-at-home orders) I've found that it's not quite hitting the mark. When connected through an Exetel MBB service, I can place calls to another Exetel VoIP number, but I cannot call anything else. (Everything else comes back with an engaged tone.) I can receive calls form an Exetel VoIP number, but nothing else. (My phone rings, but when I answer the dialing phone continues to receive "ringing" tone, while my phone is silent.) Is this something that can be fixed?
We have sent an email to the nominated email address on your account under the reference #17143771. Please refer the email and respond with the requested information in order to assist you with this service issue.