Preferred network type

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue

Preferred network type

Postby GaborX on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 am

My mobile plan with Exetel was recently changed from 3G to 4G data. Exetel Support advised me to to change the 'Preferred network type' on the hidden 'Testing' and 'Phone info' page on my relatively new Android phone. The problem is that when a 4G data enabled network is selected, the phone coverage is only around 1 bar (even in the city), and the connection seems to be unreliable. Currently I have 'LTE/TD-SCDMA/WCDMA' selected, have four bars coverage, but only 3G data. What should be the correct setting? Thanks
GaborX

Re: Preferred network type

Postby KavindaS on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:10 pm

GaborX wrote:My mobile plan with Exetel was recently changed from 3G to 4G data. Exetel Support advised me to to change the 'Preferred network type' on the hidden 'Testing' and 'Phone info' page on my relatively new Android phone. The problem is that when a 4G data enabled network is selected, the phone coverage is only around 1 bar (even in the city), and the connection seems to be unreliable. Currently I have 'LTE/TD-SCDMA/WCDMA' selected, have four bars coverage, but only 3G data. What should be the correct setting? Thanks

Do you have a different phone with you at your home, to check using this same sim card? I have checked the service and the data APNs are successfully provisioned with Optus for the 4G network.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Return to Mobile services