Data lost on two SIMs

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Post Reply
doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Data lost on two SIMs

Post by doggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Yesterday evening, using MyExetel, I turned on Global Roaming. So now, both the boxes were ticked (one for voice roaming and the other for local+global data).

Now, today, BOTH SIMs have no data access (I am still in Australia).

Why is this so? It seems like a bug.

A couple of hours ago I turned OFF voice global roaming and left the data box ticked. I am hoping data comes back on both SIMs but nothing has happened yet.

Voice and SMSs have continued to work normally. But I would like the data back and for it still to ork in Australia if Global Roaming voice is turned on.

Regards,
Dave

AroshJ
Exetel Staff
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by AroshJ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 pm

doggy wrote:Yesterday evening, using MyExetel, I turned on Global Roaming. So now, both the boxes were ticked (one for voice roaming and the other for local+global data).

Now, today, BOTH SIMs have no data access (I am still in Australia).

Why is this so? It seems like a bug.

A couple of hours ago I turned OFF voice global roaming and left the data box ticked. I am hoping data comes back on both SIMs but nothing has happened yet.

Voice and SMSs have continued to work normally. But I would like the data back and for it still to ork in Australia if Global Roaming voice is turned on.

Regards,
Dave
Please note that we have sent you an email in order to investigate this further. Please reply to the same thread with requested information and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you by this.

Ref : 12666336

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by doggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:07 am

Arosh has been in contact.
Still no data as of Friday morning.
Hopefully this can be fixed quickly.
Dave

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by doggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Still no data/internet on either SIM. Each is in a different phone.

Haven't had any info about what is happening.

Would sure like to have internet back by the weekend!

Regards,
Dave

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 pm

doggy wrote:Still no data/internet on either SIM. Each is in a different phone.

Haven't had any info about what is happening.

Would sure like to have internet back by the weekend!

Regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,

I am currently working on this and I will update you shortly.

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by doggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi Kavinda,
Thanks.
It just started working again on both SIMs.

So, I am not sure why it was off because the first radio button (voice roaming) has been OFF and the second button ON for over 24hrs.

In playing around and trying to understand the global roaming part of MyExetel, I discovered that I could not turn off the second radio button at all (this is for "Local+Global data"). If you tick "OFF and click Submit, a little error message pops up and if you revisit the page, the radio button is back to ON again. In other words, it is impossible to turn it off (which you might want to do when travelling overseas). I tried this with Firefox, Opera and Safari browsers and I also tried clearing cache before revisiting the Global Roaming page. So, this seems like a bug in the web page.

Regards,
Dave

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 1757
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by KavindaS » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 pm

doggy wrote:Hi Kavinda,
Thanks.
It just started working again on both SIMs.

So, I am not sure why it was off because the first radio button (voice roaming) has been OFF and the second button ON for over 24hrs.

In playing around and trying to understand the global roaming part of MyExetel, I discovered that I could not turn off the second radio button at all (this is for "Local+Global data"). If you tick "OFF and click Submit, a little error message pops up and if you revisit the page, the radio button is back to ON again. In other words, it is impossible to turn it off (which you might want to do when travelling overseas). I tried this with Firefox, Opera and Safari browsers and I also tried clearing cache before revisiting the Global Roaming page. So, this seems like a bug in the web page.

Regards,
Dave
Hi Dave,
Great to hear the services back working and we have already placed a bug request with our Developing team. I have also placed a manual reset from my end and so far good results from your side. :)

doggy
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Data lost on two SIMs

Post by doggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks.
All is well again.
Regards,
Dave

Post Reply