Switching from OPTUS

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Post Reply
muzzatron
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Switching from OPTUS

Post by muzzatron » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:35 pm

HI there,
I have finished my contact with Optus and have ordered a new SIM with Exetel.

Just wondering if I have to contact Optus to cancel or does Exetel do all the work?

Cheers

muzzatron
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by muzzatron » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Oh no!! do I need to get my phone unlocked as well? Does anyone know?

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 1809
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by KavindaS » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:45 pm

muzzatron wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:10 pm
Oh no!! do I need to get my phone unlocked as well? Does anyone know?

You need to wait until your current sim stopped working and then check the service with Exetel provided sim card. Once the service starts to work with Exetel only and fully active, you may contact the previous provider and inform them to cancel.

Depend on the provider of the phone, it may needs to be unlocked to use the Exetel service. You may have to speak with the phone provider or any previous network provider where you have purchased the phone.

muzzatron
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by muzzatron » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks! For the help and information.

Yes I got the phone from OPTUS on a post paid deal, had it for 2 years. I had a feeling that optus and Exetel were comparable? but maybe that has changed now?

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1932
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by James » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 pm

muzzatron wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pm
Thanks! For the help and information.

Yes I got the phone from OPTUS on a post paid deal, had it for 2 years. I had a feeling that optus and Exetel were comparable? but maybe that has changed now?
Same network.

muzzatron
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by muzzatron » Sat May 05, 2018 5:54 pm

HI - OK I have received my SIM card last week. I went through the activation process on thursday. When I go the the Services and Usage page now, the page it still says pending.

My optus account still seems to functioning but the Exetel SIM not working yet.

So just wondering what my next step is?

Cheers

AroshJ
Exetel Staff
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by AroshJ » Sat May 05, 2018 10:30 pm

muzzatron wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:54 pm
HI - OK I have received my SIM card last week. I went through the activation process on thursday. When I go the the Services and Usage page now, the page it still says pending.

My optus account still seems to functioning but the Exetel SIM not working yet.

So just wondering what my next step is?

Cheers
We would like to investigate this matter from the back-end and appreciate if you could drop us an email with your mobile service number / customer ID to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au.

muzzatron
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:34 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Switching from OPTUS

Post by muzzatron » Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks it's working fine now!! :-)

Post Reply