Poor reception

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
LindaB

Poor reception

Post by LindaB » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:36 pm

I am on the Optus network & the reception has always been poor in my area Windang NSW but lately I am lucky to have 1 bar so I am getting a lot of missed calls & drop outs because of it. Is this because we use the Optus network on a Tier system or is there something that can be done to fix it, it happens regardless what brand/model phone I use & the Telstra network is even worse here so switching is not an option.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Re: Poor reception

Post by KavindaS » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm

LindaB wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:36 pm
I am on the Optus network & the reception has always been poor in my area Windang NSW but lately I am lucky to have 1 bar so I am getting a lot of missed calls & drop outs because of it. Is this because we use the Optus network on a Tier system or is there something that can be done to fix it, it happens regardless what brand/model phone I use & the Telstra network is even worse here so switching is not an option.
Do you get better receptions when you move out from the mentioned area using the same mobile device? Is it Judbooley Pd road you refer to?

LindaB

Post by LindaB » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Yes if I leave the area I get better reception & yes I am on Judbooley Pde. My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff

Post by KavindaS » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:58 pm

LindaB wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:51 pm
Yes if I leave the area I get better reception & yes I am on Judbooley Pde. My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5.
I have further checked your location with the optus network and there is really poor in coverage. This may be the issue for call drops and missed calls.

However, I have logged a service issue with them to get a feedback and we will update you accordingly. Your ticket reference number is 16462394.