Callers being told my number is DISCONNECTED!

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
sh0nky

Callers being told my number is DISCONNECTED!

Post by sh0nky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi, Have had a reoccurring problem for some time now with my mobile service.
People who try to call me are being told my mobile number is disconnected,when in fact,its not!
I am able to use my phone to make calls and send SMSs.
I also have a problem making outbound calls at times,the number dials,but i hear NOTHING when i hang up it says ''call ended'' yet no call has taken place. There is a connection but total silence..No ringing tone whatsoever.This is happening more frequently of late.
It concerns me,and my family that people are being told my number is disconnected when in fact its not. Ive just had to cancel 1 mobile service (i have 2) because i need to be contacted by people trying to ring me. That's understandable isn't it?
Not real happy about paying for a mobile service that is ''disconnected'' when it shouldn't be..

Regards
Scott

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Callers being told my number is DISCONNECTED!

Post by jokiin » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 pm

was this number a churn from another provider? Also worth checking that there are no diverts set

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:15 pm

This number was a churn done months ago..Shouldn't be a issue.
Even if i had diverts set (i dont) callers should not hear a ''disconnected'' message.
This is a network problem..
Regards
Scott

James D

Post by James D » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Please email voice@exetel.com.au and they will look into it for you

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:21 pm

sh0nky wrote:This number was a churn done months ago..Shouldn't be a issue.
Even if i had diverts set (i dont) callers should not hear a ''disconnected'' message.
This is a network problem..
Regards
Scott
only reason I ask about the divert is I had a similar problem myself previously, there was a divert set when unreachable or out of range which went to another number that I never set (this was something that happened when churning from Telstra to Optus) and I used to get strange comments from people about why my number had been disconnected etc, I would ring the number myself and it would ring fine, I went through the settings on the phone and manually canceled each divert option one by one and the problem went away, this went on for months before I found out what what was happening

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks James, email sent as requested.
Regards
Scott

sh0nky

Post by sh0nky » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi all, an update...
This problem seems to affect customers of 3's mobile services. I do not believe this to be a Exetel problem!
Interested to know if anyone else has problems with users of 3's mobile services unable to contact them and being told ''the number is disconnected'' (Im with Vodafone through Exetel). Not sure if this is also a issue with Optus sims,it maybe.

regards
Scott

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

sh0nky wrote:Hi all, an update...
This problem seems to affect customers of 3's mobile services. I do not believe this to be a Exetel problem!
Interested to know if anyone else has problems with users of 3's mobile services unable to contact them and being told ''the number is disconnected'' (Im with Vodafone through Exetel). Not sure if this is also a issue with Optus sims,it maybe.

regards
Scott
I think you will find if you get one of your friends that is with 3 to report the issue 3 will update their call routing table to include your number, this can happen sometimes between carriers when numbers are ported, they should be able to update their records accordingly though to fix the problem once and for all