Optus MMS

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
vk3xem

Optus MMS

Post by vk3xem » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:11 pm

Is there any word on MMS being enabled on the HSPA plans? People keep trying to send me MMS and I get an alert on my phone to disconnect to receive an MMS but it doesn't work!

This is bloody annoying when it doesn't work and keeps asking me to get the MMS.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

vk3xem

Re: Optus MMS

Post by vk3xem » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Any news on MMS? I keep getting alerts saying I have MMS waiting for me but unable to retrieve them!!!!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

D0R0THY

Post by D0R0THY » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:49 am

I've been waiting for my current contract plan with another company to end so I can start using my wireless HSPA M1 - HA sim card in my mobile. However, I've just learned that I will not be able to send or receive MMS... I suppose I didn't even ask when I signed up because I just expected it to be available. Now I need to consider an alternative to Exetel, so disappointing :cry:

Is there any chance of MMS being available in the near future? Happy to pay extra just for the feature.

crustyman

Post by crustyman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Wow thats a show stopper for me too, I was about to sign up so my fiance could use the HSPA on her iPhone but she uses MMS, in fact I just got 2 from her.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do.

The MMS function is simply not available.

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

MMS is available on our Voda provisioned mobile plans:
http://exetel.com.au/mobile_plans.php
http://exetel.com.au/mobile_plans_capped.php

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:01 pm

This is starting to annoy me. I don't ask people to send me MMS but they do, because I keep getting a pop-up message on my phone asking me to drop all my active connections to receive it.

Now I'm not blaming Exetel for this, BUT it is pathetic that I keep getting this pop-up message until the MMS times out. So the Optus network is obviously getting the MMS and telling my phone they have it.

So why the hell is Optus BLOCKING MMS?

Exetel please don't accept what Optus is spinning. My guess is they are trying to provide an inferior service in the hope that the customer will churn to them. Optus is already in trouble for selectively blocking select incoming and outgoing phone numbers, it might be time to publicly out them for deceptive MMS blocking also!!!

Recommending us to use the Vodafone plans from Exetel isn't the answer, 1 Exetel have announced they are phasing these out and 2 they are NOT acceptable for data usage!!!!
Last edited by CoreyPlover on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No post is ever improved by using foul language (or multiple exclamation points for that matter but I'll let that faux pax slide...)

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Biscuits

Post by Biscuits » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:25 am

Bugger i keep getting a popup for MMS and unable to retrieve, this is not the answer i was after :(

How do we stop the popup appearing on my phone?

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:43 pm

All we can do at the moment is keep asking Exetel to go back Optus to ask them to stop giving us a sub-standard service.

I don't blame Exetel for this, rather Optus for treat us like crap.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

johnnygamer

Post by johnnygamer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Im surprised people still want MMS.

Why not just email? It's cheaper.