Mobile 1 Plan - Is the monthly minimum really $0.00?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
davo

Mobile 1 Plan - Is the monthly minimum really $0.00?

Post by davo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:45 am

I have a couple of phones that I'd like to move to the Mobile 1 Plan which apparently has a monthly minimum charge of $0.00. I called the sales people to verify that the minimum is actually $0.00 and she said that if "the phone isn't used for two months, the service would be cancelled". So I looked through the Terms and Conditions but couldn't find any mention of this - though it might be there and I just missed it.

If the service does get canceled after two months of $0.00, it doesn't sound like the minimum charge really is $0.00.

So I'm wondering exactly what the deal is here? Does anyone have any experience with this account?

Colin2905

Re: Mobile 1 Plan - Is the monthly minimum really $0.00?

Post by Colin2905 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 pm

I've had a Mobile 1 plan with casual data since about mid last year. I don't recall such a term or condition on it, but there is a similar condition regarding data usage on the WM A plan (and I now have two of those).

Mixer

Re: Mobile 1 Plan - Is the monthly minimum really $0.00?

Post by Mixer » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:37 pm

davo wrote:
If the service does get canceled after two months of $0.00, it doesn't sound like the minimum charge really is $0.00.
I am using a couple of these accounts, just make one short call per month and its fine, after all no provider is going to hold an account open for more than 2 months if you don't use it. As it is I am unable to find any telco that can match this deal for mobiles.
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A