Credit for Per Min plans.

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
LHVWB

Credit for Per Min plans.

Post by LHVWB » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:21 am

I am confused by the statement below:
"There is a credit limit of $100.00 imposed on all mobile accounts; once a user reaches $100.00 of calls made in any billing period they must pay the account in full within 48 hours or the service will be barred."

Does that mean that you have can negative credit for the Per Min plans? ie. Can you make calls throughout the month, then play the bill at the end or when it reaches $100 owed? Otherwise how would you have not already paid the $100 of calls?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

LHVWB

Re: Credit for Per Min plans.

Post by LHVWB » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Any possibility of a response?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Oops, looks like this one slipped through the cracks :oops: - I'll ask someone to respond in the morning.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:19 am

There is a credit limit of $100.00 imposed on all mobile accounts; once a user reaches $100.00 of calls made in any billing period they must pay the account in full within 48 hours or the service will be barred.
Exetel 'interim' bills all voice service customers during the billing month. This means all VoIP, Mobile, HSPA and Wireline customers are billed when a certain spend threshold is reached.
This is to mitigate possible payment issues with large amounts at the end of the billing month. For mobile services, the spend threshold is $100. Once this is reached, customers are 'interimly' billed. The $100 is of course deducted from the end-of-month invoice.

LHVWB

Post by LHVWB » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:56 am

I didn't exactly answer my question, but you seem to be implying that you pay for the calls either at the end of the month, or when you reach $100 of calls. Ie. you don't have to have 'call credit' or something similar for your phone.

I would like to get an exact answer to my question though: "Do you need to have 'positive credit' on a credit per min plan to make calls?"

cubic

Post by cubic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 am

LHVWB wrote:I would like to get an exact answer to my question though: "Do you need to have 'positive credit' on a credit per min plan to make calls?"
In general this is simply the difference between a pre-paid and a post-paid plan. On any post-paid plan, you may pay a fixed charge or line rental in advance, but then you make calls through the billing period (typically a month) and pay for them at the end. Thus the supplier extends credit to you for the cost of the calls you make during the month. The $100 in this case is a maximum limit on the credit Exetel is willing to offer.

But AFAIK all Exetel's (Vodafone-based) mobile plans are post-paid, so the answer to your question would be no.
...the term 'Future Perfect' has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be - Douglas Adams