MoIP app not working and crashing with iPhone OS4

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Flarespawn

MoIP app not working and crashing with iPhone OS4

Post by Flarespawn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Just Updated my iPhone software to OS4 and now the Exetel MoIP App is crashing.
I don't mind paying for the App which is only good for SMS at the best of times which still needs sorting out since there is no way of telling whether the TXT message ever gets to the recipient.... but paying for an App which now does not even Launch is not acceptable. I have done a Re-install + a Un-Install of the App and even a complete Restore of my 3Gs iPhone but hey guess what... the Exetel MoIP App is the only one not working!
Hope Exetel will fix this pronto or re-emburse my money, thanks.
Why spend time pondering when you should be doing something about it!!!!!

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Re: MoIP app not working and crashing with iPhone OS4

Post by shermanf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:10 am

We are currently working on having the MoIP app for iPhone upgraded to support the new iOS4 and as soon as this is completed the update should show up on the app store. There is no eta at the moment but will asap once more info is available.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 am

Flarespawn wrote: the Exetel MoIP App is the only one not working!
a lot of VoIP apps aren't working on iOS4, you're not alone, they are all in the throws of getting updates approved at the moment

Flarespawn

Post by Flarespawn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks for the replies in relation to this.
I did try other MoIP apps prior to the Upgrade but they were unstable prior to the Upgrade anyhow which I have since uninstalled.
I was referring to MY Apps on MY iPhone all working (but neither in relation ship to MoIP) apart from the Exetel MoIP App.
Just to further detail the issue we (yes thats multiple installations, so not isolated) have with the Exetel App:
The iPhone has 3G Service: It will start up but not connect (the connect indicator within the App stays Red instead of showing a Green indicator for ON).
The iPhone has Wireless Service: It will attempt to start up with the Exetel/MoIP screen displayed for a few seconds but will then Shut Down/ Crash.

Hope the Upgrade comes soon!
Why spend time pondering when you should be doing something about it!!!!!

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Flarespawn wrote:Thanks for the replies in relation to this.
I did try other MoIP apps prior to the Upgrade but they were unstable prior to the Upgrade anyhow which I have since uninstalled.
I was referring to MY Apps on MY iPhone all working (but neither in relation ship to MoIP) apart from the Exetel MoIP App.
Just to further detail the issue we (yes thats multiple installations, so not isolated) have with the Exetel App:
The iPhone has 3G Service: It will start up but not connect (the connect indicator within the App stays Red instead of showing a Green indicator for ON).
The iPhone has Wireless Service: It will attempt to start up with the Exetel/MoIP screen displayed for a few seconds but will then Shut Down/ Crash.

Hope the Upgrade comes soon!
I have multiple VoIP apps on my phone and most aren't working yet with iOS4, the updates are starting to happen and I know that the dev responsible has a fix in the works, the Apple approval process is flooded at the moment though due to the large amount of apps that needed updating, it will be sorted soon though, just hang in there

shermanf
Exetel Staff

Post by shermanf » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:53 pm

The MoIP app is not compatible with the iOS4. This will take some time to have the MoIP app redeveloped and the next update should include

- Support iOS4 & iOS3, app to support multi-tasking (e.g receive incoming calls with the MoIP app minimized)
- delete all calls/sms history logs

wasabi

Post by wasabi » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:44 pm

shermanf wrote:The MoIP app is not compatible with the iOS4. This will take some time to have the MoIP app redeveloped and the next update should include

- Support iOS4 & iOS3, app to support multi-tasking (e.g receive incoming calls with the MoIP app minimized)
- delete all calls/sms history logs
thanks for the update...
will look forward to this update.