Optus 'Yes Time' to new Exetel Mobile cap plans

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
hohoho

Optus 'Yes Time' to new Exetel Mobile cap plans

Post by hohoho » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:56 pm

If I make a switch from my current out of contract Optus plan to Exetel mobile, will it affect other callers who are still on the Optus network. I have many friends and relatives who are still on Optus because of 'Yes Time'. Does this affect them, ie. they will no longer receive free 20 minutes call to my mobile from 8pm to midnight.

This is an issue for me because if it's going to cost them more to call me, my mobile is going to be useless because no one is going to call me!

Shazir
Exetel Staff

Re: Optus 'Yes Time' to new Exetel Mobile cap plans

Post by Shazir » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:36 am

hohoho wrote:If I make a switch from my current out of contract Optus plan to Exetel mobile, will it affect other callers who are still on the Optus network. I have many friends and relatives who are still on Optus because of 'Yes Time'. Does this affect them, ie. they will no longer receive free 20 minutes call to my mobile from 8pm to midnight.

This is an issue for me because if it's going to cost them more to call me, my mobile is going to be useless because no one is going to call me!
The Exetel mobile plans are offered via Vodafone ; hence your friends/relatives would not be entitled for their current Optus to Optus offer.

tones

Post by tones » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:51 am

Shazir wrote:The Exetel mobile plans are offered via Vodafone ; hence your friends/relatives would not be entitled for their current Optus to Optus offer.
Not anymore, the new Exetel plans are Optus based.

David R

Post by David R » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 pm

If you hold some belief in network neutrality-a viable concept(*) to replace the 'telco junk', there is an alternate effective pathway at our disposal: that would be to 'purchase neutrality' by-the-gigabyte, by starting here - For Use With Desktop/Laptop Computer, Apple iPad or Mobile Hand Set and advise your friends and neighbors, to similarly adopt this position.

* Mobile Voice over IP Protocol over HSPA equipped device.
*Vista Ultimate* Billion,7402GL &TP-Link,D-W8920G <Atten(dB)42 @1.9 km>; HTC Kaiser II, WM6; Pre-paid RP2000 (Optus)
200GB@3.1Mbps,$60pm Zone 1+ 2X H-Line Budget; WP Saver VoIP._ 220.233.165.22x; $3,450 revenue: 5 years club.

hohoho

Post by hohoho » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Shazir wrote:The Exetel mobile plans are offered via Vodafone ; hence your friends/relatives would not be entitled for their current Optus to Optus offer.
I'm referring to the NEW plans which uses the Optus network.

hohoho

Post by hohoho » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Any Exetel staff able to answer this query?

Do Optus customers calling an 'Exetel' mobile (using the Optus network) still get 'Yes' time? I need to advise them if they no longer will be able to make their 'free' 20 minutes Yes time calls.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm

If one of the Exetel Voice staff do not reply, you can always try emailing voice@exetel.com.au with your query.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005