Can you port HSPA to capped, while keeping HSPA for iPad

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
bingggo

Can you port HSPA to capped, while keeping HSPA for iPad

Post by bingggo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 am

My question has already arisen in this general thread from another user on the new mobile capped plans with ADSL2 discounts (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36911&start=135), but it seems a specific thread would be useful to get the definitive answer.

That is, for people currently on HSPA WM-A or similar plans, can they port their number to a new Exetel capped plan, and but retain their current HSPA WM-A plan.

In my case, this is so I could stop using my WM-A plan for my handset (preferring the new capped plan), but retain it for my iPad. If this is possible, I'll need a new SIM along the way of course.

Look forward to any info.

B

Shazir
Exetel Staff

Re: Can you port HSPA to capped, while keeping HSPA for iPad

Post by Shazir » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am

bingggo wrote:My question has already arisen in this general thread from another user on the new mobile capped plans with ADSL2 discounts (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36911&start=135), but it seems a specific thread would be useful to get the definitive answer.

That is, for people currently on HSPA WM-A or similar plans, can they port their number to a new Exetel capped plan, and but retain their current HSPA WM-A plan.

In my case, this is so I could stop using my WM-A plan for my handset (preferring the new capped plan), but retain it for my iPad. If this is possible, I'll need a new SIM along the way of course.

Look forward to any info.

B
bingggo, you will need to email residentialsales@exetel.com.au in order to get this clarified.

samarium

Re: Can you port HSPA to capped, while keeping HSPA for iPad

Post by samarium » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:06 pm

And please update this thread with the answer ...