Mobile spend thresholds on Optus

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
oliverbock

Mobile spend thresholds on Optus

Post by oliverbock » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Will the existing mobile spend threshold warning e-mail/SMS work with Exetel via Optus connections?

Given the punitive excess data rates, is there any plan to offer a similar service for mobile data?

Shazir
Exetel Staff

Re: Mobile spend thresholds on Optus

Post by Shazir » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 am

oliverbock wrote:Will the existing mobile spend threshold warning e-mail/SMS work with Exetel via Optus connections?

Given the punitive excess data rates, is there any plan to offer a similar service for mobile data?
Please email residentialsales@exetel.com.au in order to get this clarified, thank you.

oliverbock

Post by oliverbock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 am

Exetel did eventually get back to me, and said that the existing warning e-mail/SMS system will also work with Optus, but that there is no warning on data. Therefore be very careful! If the kids should get your phone and start playing YouTube for a few hours you could end up owing thousands of dollars to Exetel!

shinryoku

Post by shinryoku » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 am

Can someone advise where I can set the spend threshold on mobile services?
I tried looking in Member's Facilities but can't seem to find such option.
I'm on the CAP plan.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 pm

shinryoku wrote:Can someone advise where I can set the spend threshold on mobile services?
I tried looking in Member's Facilities but can't seem to find such option.
I'm on the CAP plan.
Yes, you could have a mobile spend threshold and to get to this option, once you log in to the member's area of the mobile service, click on "Mobile Broadband/Mobile"(on the left hand side menu) and then click on "Mobile Spend Threshold"

shinryoku

Post by shinryoku » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:18 pm

rukshani wrote: Yes, you could have a mobile spend threshold and to get to this option, once you log in to the member's area of the mobile service, click on "Mobile Broadband/Mobile"(on the left hand side menu) and then click on "Mobile Spend Threshold"
I'm logged into Members Facilities.
I mouse over "Manage Services" then clicked on "Wireless Broadband & Mobile". I do not see "Mobile Spend Threshold" on left hand menu or upper tabs.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:31 pm

shinryoku wrote:
rukshani wrote: Yes, you could have a mobile spend threshold and to get to this option, once you log in to the member's area of the mobile service, click on "Mobile Broadband/Mobile"(on the left hand side menu) and then click on "Mobile Spend Threshold"
I'm logged into Members Facilities.
I mouse over "Manage Services" then clicked on "Wireless Broadband & Mobile". I do not see "Mobile Spend Threshold" on left hand menu or upper tabs.

Please log in to the member's area of the particular mobile service to set a mobile threshold limit and not to the member's area of the ADSL service.

If you need any further assistance to this, please send in an email to rukshanip@exetel.com.lk.

shinryoku

Post by shinryoku » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Ah I've forgotten there's a separate login for mobile since it's bundled with ADSL.
I can see it now rukshani, thanks for your help. :)

OverIT

Post by OverIT » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks oliverbock for posting the result of your call to Exetel.

For some unknown reason Exetel seem reluctant to report the results on the forum. Strange really since reporting the results here should cut down on the number of support calls.

Thanks for clarifying the issue with excess data usage charges.

A friend with another service provider starting with T had a bill for $4000 in hs first month. His wife let the kids "use" the phone a bit..... Youtube.