When will Mobile Meter work?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Starcraftmazter

When will Mobile Meter work?

Post by Starcraftmazter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Mine still says it hasn't been updated, and I've already had the service for weeks. This is pretty silly, how am I supposed to monitor my usage? When will it be working?

Klaas

Re: When will Mobile Meter work?

Post by Klaas » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Which mobile service do you have?

I found it a little confusing, as I ported my iPhone (voice and data) to an Exetel WM service, and, depending on whether I log into the member's facilities using my ADSL credentials, or the WM service credentials, the call history is in different places.

I usually look in the unbilled charges section, and select the mobile number concerned. I'm pretty sure the Mobile Meter, in the mobile section, is for the old style Vodafone based mobile services.

Starcraftmazter

Post by Starcraftmazter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:12 pm

I tried logging in both with my mobile number and landline number, and both said my usage has not been updated yet.

I am on the new cap plans reselling off optus.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:23 pm

My experience so far with our CAP19 phone, is that the Members Facility will show mobile phone calls under the Billing Details/Unbilled Charges section. (Albeit this updates sometimes up to a week behind). However I cannot find a way to track data usage.
The data meter on the front page of the Members Facility never updated over the month.
Wehen we received the Invoice at the end of the month, I can clearly see the calls and SMSs that have been made, the other entries on the Invoice I assume relate to the data usage, but do not tell us how much data was used, only the time of the use and a cost of that usage.

I assume that Exetel is working on providing better information relating to usage with the CAP plans, can we please get an update as to what is happening to make this part of the service work.

If we bought the same CAP plan from Optus, we would have accessto their 'My Account' user facilities on which (I am told) we would be able to set up notifications which would send either an email or SMS when we were reaching the CAP limits. Is this available to us, can we set up an account on the OPTUS site to get our information?

Thank you for providing the new service, and I look forward to working with Exetel to make it a great service.

Lawrie

Starcraftmazter

Post by Starcraftmazter » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:42 pm

In the unbilled charges section it just says "There is no telephone record for (mobile number)" :(

toast

Post by toast » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi guys,

I sent an email off to support about this, and got the following reply:
In order to view your Mobile usage, Please log in to your members area and follow the following options.

1. Billing Details
2. Unbilled Charges
3. Wireless Broadband Phone Call
4. Click View button
You have to log in using your mobile number, not your ADSL number. I'm also not sure where the data section is yet. Though I'm mostly on facebook right now :)

Starcraftmazter

Post by Starcraftmazter » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm

I now have 1 sms there showing up. I have made several phone calls and sms messages in the last week alone =/

shoner

Post by shoner » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Starcraftmazter,

The best way to get about this is to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au or log a ticket via the secure member's facility online. We will then be able to investigate and provide with a solution

Regards
Shoner
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Is there any way to update mobile call usage faster, any plans for exetel fixing this issue? It's showing my last call was made on the 12th, it is now the 15th...

Is there a number we can dial to check the balance left ? 'Eg optus you dial '555' to check your balance and it will tell you how much credit is remaining on the account'

Without these features is a problem as I can easily go over the limit without realising it and get hit with a massive bill.

I have no method to check my current balance either online ( call history is behind a few days) or a number (cannot seem to find one to check balance).

djevoultion

Post by djevoultion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 pm

No reply? the mobile usage meter updates 3 days slow.

It is the 21st and it is showing my last call was made on the 18th.

toast

Post by toast » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Any updates on this? I still can't see my mobile data usage for the new CAP plans.

dragon

Post by dragon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:00 pm

i was hoping for some updates before i email exetel.
and is it possible to have a meter similar to the adsl quota usage one?
so it shows how much of the month we're through and how much of the cap we're used, how much of the free calls(to other exetel) and quota?

Starcraftmazter

Post by Starcraftmazter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:00 pm

toast wrote:Any updates on this? I still can't see my mobile data usage for the new CAP plans.
So, it's in billing details, unbilled charges.

toast

Post by toast » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Starcraftmazter wrote:So, it's in billing details, unbilled charges.
That only shows me unbilled phone calls, not data usage, i.e. on the CAP35, you get a 1GB of data quota.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:36 pm

For me (changed from WM-B to CAP19)...

Logging into ADSL user facilities (if linked) i.e. with ADSL service number and password, then going to Manage Services --> Wireless Broadand gives the links for both data usage and voice usage https://www.exetel.com.au/members/hspa_ ... rvices.php

Logging in HSPA user facilities i.e. with mobile service number and password, gives data usage on the home page https://www.exetel.com.au/hspa/home.php