New CAP (Optus) data usage page

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
toast

New CAP (Optus) data usage page

Post by toast » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi,

I signed up to the new CAP35 plan but the data usage for the plan when I log into the member facilities has not been updated yet. I'm sure I'm using it, but don't want to use over the 1GB mark!

Am I not looking in the right place and the programmers just haven't developed it yet? Or is there another page that has this information?

Thanks,
Clive

shoner
Exetel Staff

Re: New CAP (Optus) data usage page

Post by shoner » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi toast,

The best way to get about this is to email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au or log a ticket via the secure member's facility online. We will then be able to investigate and provide you with a solution

Regards
Shoner
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Augh

Post by Augh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi Shoner (Exetel Staff)

One of the reasons for the forums is to try and address common problems and thus reduce the load to support individual users.

You standard response of '"contact residential support" really does not serve the purpose and make the forums useless.

You are essentially reducing the value of the forums and encouraging users to contact support instead thus driving up your support costs.

Cheers

CorporateVoIP

Post by CorporateVoIP » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 am

Augh wrote:Hi Shoner (Exetel Staff)

One of the reasons for the forums is to try and address common problems and thus reduce the load to support individual users.

You standard response of '"contact residential support" really does not serve the purpose and make the forums useless.

You are essentially reducing the value of the forums and encouraging users to contact support instead thus driving up your support costs.

Cheers
Whilst normally this is true & Exetel staff, volunteers and normal users would be able to offer help, in this case you are referring a new product with new features which nobody except Exetel development and support can answer. In this case even Dazzled, CoreyPlover an Joiiken would likely direct you to offical support channels. it also draws the problem to the developers attention to get it fixed faster.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 am

Well if it helps, I have also raised a help desk ticket on this. (Ticket # 3400733).

My thoughts however are that if I was a Developer or Support Engineer, I would hate having multiple tickets all for the same problem. Whilst it wont make the solution come any faster to the Engineer involved, it may however alert him to the level of disatisfaction with the current situation.

Maybe if someone from Exetel could volunteer to provide some feedback to the forum on this issue, it may allay some of the fears and dissatisfaction that us new CAP customers are experiencing at the moment.

EDIT: And also can someone please inform the Service centre of the situation. They are answering the tickets with information that indicates that they are not aware that there is a real problem. This is the response I got to the ticket.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised that you can view the data usage for the service on the members area. Please log in to the members area and on the Home page you can find this information at the bottom of the page.

Please use the option "Customer Usage Query"

Regards,

Chathura D
Support Engineer
Exetel Pty Ltd

toast

Post by toast » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks guys.

I'll create a new ticket and let you know how it goes.

My feelings are much like lawrie, I think that I'm somehow not doing something right, and don't want to waste your guys time.

JamesR

Post by JamesR » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:20 pm

I'd also like to know where to view the usage for the mobile (calls, text, etc) - I can't seem to find it in the HSPA Services Area.
Regards,

JamesR
Customer since 2005

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 am

Data for calls/sms etc can be found under Billing Details/ Unbilled charges, on the Members Facilities page for the mobile account.
This does seem to get updated , albeit up to a week behind at times.

The Data information is not available at the moment until you get your invoice, and even then the invoice does not tell you how much data you used, only how much it cost.

I have recieved the following update on that problem
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 20:22:48 +1100

Dear Sir/ madam

Please be advised that we have investigated your usage meter issue. Our developer team is confirming that this issue will e rectified withing one week.

Chathura D
Exetel Pty Ltd

dragon

Post by dragon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:31 pm

i'm having this same problem. so should i just wait 1 week and hope i dont go over my limit?
and this is more a question for the programmers. how often will the usage update? i know on the exetel(vodafone) it was about once a day in the afternoon and would it be possible to make an app to check using the phone? i have an oldish phone that can use internet and it'd be great if i could check how much i've used in calls and data. (unless thre's already a mobile version of the website i dont know about?)

toast

Post by toast » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Lawrie wrote:The Data information is not available at the moment until you get your invoice, and even then the invoice does not tell you how much data you used, only how much it cost.
Thanks for the effort Lawrie, keep us informed by Friday when we hopefully you get some progress on this.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 pm

It appears that some time in the last week a change was made to the Unbilled Charges information.

There are now two sections, one which lists all the phone calls and SMS charges, and a second which lists the data usage in Kb and $ dollars

Some people will complain that this information is a couple of days behind, but it is much better than previously where we had no information.

The next thing I would like to see developed is to spit the call/SMS info into two sections one for the standard CAP and one for the Exetel to Exetel CAP

Lawrie.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Lawrie wrote:
Some people will complain that this information is a couple of days behind, but it is much better than previously where we had no information.
I suspect that they would be updating it as fast as they can get the info from Optus

dragon

Post by dragon » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:00 pm

i wonder if its possible to have 2 meters? one for the normal cap and one for exetel to exetel cap? i know im not the only one that would appreciate something like this implemented.

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:13 pm

It seems that under the Unbilled Charges there is now a summary at the top, with some stuff listed as On-net Mobile Calls and On-Net SMS.
I am assuming that these are the Exetel to Exetel Calls and SMS that fall into the Exetel CAP
The other great thing is the Data usage and Free Data usage is listed separately.

If we could get a confirmation from Exetel that these are the meanings of the headings in the Summary this would be great.
Also if you could total up the stuff under the different CAPS
ie. Headings something like......
Call & SMS Included Value
Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value
Included Data
Free Data

Thanks Exetel. Got to love this service.

Lawrie

dragon

Post by dragon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:54 pm

i've come to assume this

call and sms included value: mobile call, international sms, sms, mms
exetel to exetel : on net sms and on net mobile calls
free usage from social network: unlimited
data usage : whatever plan specifies. (200mb = 0.275/mb * 200mb = $55)

could any exetel staff confirm this?