Changing between the new optus cap plans...

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
mattski

Changing between the new optus cap plans...

Post by mattski » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi,
I'm considering one of the new cap plans.
I guess that I can change between them via the user facilities as often as I like as there is no contract term.
Is there a charge for a plan change?
Cheers,
Matt.

dbr

Re: Changing between the new optus cap plans...

Post by dbr » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:25 am

At the moment my wireless broadband user facilities indicate there is no option to change plans - ie written in red is "Unfortunately your current plan cannot be changed."
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

mattski

Post by mattski » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks db,
Are you on one of the new Capped Mobile plans - via the Optus network?
Surely it must be possible to move between them?!...

I'd like confirmation that I can apply initially for the CAP35 plan, but then easily be switch to, say, the CAP59 or CAP19 plans as my circumstances and call habits change.

Thanks,
Matt

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:42 pm

I am able to submit a plan change (on CAP19). HSPA user facilities (Username = mobile service number, Password = your password)

https://www.exetel.com.au/hspa/service_change_plan.php
Attachments
HSPA change plan.png
HSPA change plan.png (58.11 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

mattski

Post by mattski » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Great!
Thanks for that, Ravenous.

'tis decided :)

dbr

Post by dbr » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Yes mattski, the Optus CAP plans (2x CAP14 and 2 x CAP19) and when I checked just now, I get the same display as shown above. I don't know if It changed today, or if I had a brain fart and looked in the wrong spot - I was sure I logged in to the HSPA account and not ADSL.

Anyway, the news is good. Member facilities change plan option ARE certainly available.

mattski

Post by mattski » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks again, dbr.

There is still the question of plan change fee...
One might assume, from Ravenous' screen-shot, that the fee is $20 - the "Service Activation Charge", but is that correct?...

numptyNiels

Post by numptyNiels » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 pm

I have a similar question I hope someone can answer;

I'm an existing customer with a grandfathered Naked DSL plan (Z/21NOTEL) and would like to get one of the new Optus Cap plans.

Can I still get the discount on my ADSL bill and retain this plan or will I be forced to change to one of the current Naked DSL plans?

Thanks

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 pm

numptyNiels wrote:I have a similar question I hope someone can answer;

I'm an existing customer with a grandfathered Naked DSL plan (Z/21NOTEL) and would like to get one of the new Optus Cap plans.

Can I still get the discount on my ADSL bill and retain this plan or will I be forced to change to one of the current Naked DSL plans?

Thanks
Yes, you still get a discount on the ADSL plan, just by adding a CAP service.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:05 pm

dbr wrote:At the moment my wireless broadband user facilities indicate there is no option to change plans - ie written in red is "Unfortunately your current plan cannot be changed."
I've had a look at one of your services, in the ADSL area, you can't change the plan, the message quoted is displayed.

However, if you login to the wireless broadband area, the ability to change plans does exist.

numptyNiels

Post by numptyNiels » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks very much for the fast reply Jason. Mobile service now ordered as a result.

dbr

Post by dbr » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:35 am

JasonM wrote: I've had a look at one of your services, in the ADSL area, you can't change the plan, the message quoted is displayed.

However, if you login to the wireless broadband area, the ability to change plans does exist.
Thanks JasonM. I discovered my error shortly after posting above. I thought I was logging into the WB members (not the ADSL) but I must have refreshed a cached page when I logged in. All sorted now, and the OP got his answer too.

Cheers...

Ralphie

Post by Ralphie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Hello.

I have a CAP35 plan and would like to change to CAP19.

However, when I log into my members facility I only see CAP14 and CAP59 available.
(ie. CAP19, does not show up).

Is there a reason why I am not allowed to change to CAP19?

Thanks.

Petunia

Post by Petunia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi all
This a question re acquiring the ADSL1/ mobile bundle (and may be in the wrong place)
I do not use a mobile phone, however my wife uses one frequently. Is there a way that I can make use of one of the "new" T PAYU plans bundled with the mobile cap 19. For her to keep her number, is it possible after porting to exetel for her account to be charged to me? or for the registration of her phone and number to be changed into my name ......so as the plan became available?
A tricky one ?
Regards
Petunia

vbap

Post by vbap » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Petunia wrote:Hi all
This a question re acquiring the ADSL1/ mobile bundle (and may be in the wrong place)
I do not use a mobile phone, however my wife uses one frequently. Is there a way that I can make use of one of the "new" T PAYU plans bundled with the mobile cap 19. For her to keep her number, is it possible after porting to exetel for her account to be charged to me? or for the registration of her phone and number to be changed into my name ......so as the plan became available?
A tricky one ?
Regards
Petunia
I asked a very similar question of PaulP in a private message. HIs answer was that if you put your wife's details (mobile phone number / account number / current provider) into the application form, it should be ported across into your account (thus qualifying for the doscount/bundled price).
Mine scenario was a little different in that my wife's current mobile account is already with Exetel (vodafone), but still in here own name (ie not attached to the household's ADSL account).
Hopefully this answer is also applicable in your scenario.