Mobile Plan Questions

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
swampwallaby

Mobile Plan Questions

Post by swampwallaby » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:41 pm

I am a current Exetel ADSL2 via Telsta user with 4 mobile services on old Exetel/Vodaphone plans.

1. Does the ADSL Plan Discounts for the Optus Capped plans apply if I am on a ADSL2 via Telstra plan, or only if I am on Optus ADSL (which I cannot be)?

2. Do the ADSL Plan Discounts stack if I transfer multiple mobile services over to Optus CAP plans?

3. On the Exetel residential/Mobile plan pricing page I see a number of per-minute Optus plans, but on the 'Change Service' page of User services, only the Capped plans are shown. What does this mean?

Thanks.

JasonM

Re: Mobile Plan Questions

Post by JasonM » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 pm

The cap plans are only available via the Optus network.
The discounts do stack.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Just to clarify the Cap Plans are over Optus OPEN Network but discount can apply to any residential ADSL plan (TW/OPTUS/AAPT). That is what I read of it anyway http://www.exetel.com.au/residential-mo ... -plans.php
* This is the additional discount you would receive if you are already an Exetel ADSL user or you subsequently sign up for an Exetel ADSL1 or ADSL2 plan. If you sign up for multiple Exetel mobile plans then multiple discounts apply to your Exetel ADSL1 or ADSL2 plan.

swampwallaby

Post by swampwallaby » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Just to clarify the Cap Plans are over Optus OPEN Network but discount can apply to any residential ADSL plan
Yes, that's the way I read it, so my daughters Exetel Optus CAPped mobile plan will reduce my Exetel ADSL2 via Telstra ADSL bill.

hohoho

Post by hohoho » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I was wondering about that too.

Also have another question. If billing is in 30 second blocks, why not advertise rate as $0.495 or 49.5 cents per 30 seconds instead of $0.99 per minute? This is not a way to mislead us, is it?

samarium

Post by samarium » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 pm

hohoho wrote:I was wondering about that too.

Also have another question. If billing is in 30 second blocks, why not advertise rate as $0.495 or 49.5 cents per 30 seconds instead of $0.99 per minute? This is not a way to mislead us, is it?

Mislead you by quoting a higher cost? Unlikely, when peope try to mislead you they usually try to quote the lower cost, ie what you are saying above.