iPhone4 sim

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
ldeck

iPhone4 sim

Post by ldeck » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:11 am

Hi there,

I'd just mistakenly ordered an Exetel HSPA plan Cap19 choosing SIM (as the Micro-SIM said iPad only) and afterwards realised that the iPhone4 requires a micro-SIM. Anyway, I've just spoken with sales at Exetel and have been told that the Micro-SIM from Exetel will work with the iPhone4. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.
--
LD

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: iPhone4 sim

Post by jokiin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:52 am

ldeck wrote: Anyway, I've just spoken with sales at Exetel and have been told that the Micro-SIM from Exetel will work with the iPhone4. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.
there's only one type of MicroSIM, you'll be fine with that

ldeck

Post by ldeck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

jokiin wrote:there's only one type of MicroSIM, you'll be fine with that
Thanks jokiin. Makes sense, of course, but it's strange that the form specifically mentions in that case: "For use with the Apple iPad."
It's be good if that was fixed to save future confusion.
--
LD

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:08 am

ldeck wrote:
jokiin wrote:there's only one type of MicroSIM, you'll be fine with that
Thanks jokiin. Makes sense, of course, but it's strange that the form specifically mentions in that case: "For use with the Apple iPad."
It's be good if that was fixed to save future confusion.
I think it was introduced when the iPad was the only device available that used a Micro SIM

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:32 am

Yeah nice one Apple! Make a device the size of a book and it needs a Micro SIM card :lol:

So my wife wants an iPhone 4. I see that MicroSIM swap option is available now - can anyone confirm that these are now available and aren't going to run out of stock any time soon?

Also, it doesn't ask me which phone number I want the swap to occur for. Just to be clear: I have an HTC Legend which uses the same SIM everyone else has, so I want to be sure that only one MicroSIM arrives for her number.
Friendly fire, isn't...