APN for Exetel mobile services using the Optus network

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
LarryK

Re: APN for Exetel mobile services using the Optus network

Post by LarryK » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 pm

I will look into the matter for you.

Anymore foul and disgusting posts by you won't be tolerated.

Please keep your posts drafted in a acceptable manner and tone.

Munka

Post by Munka » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:02 pm

My hat off to (LarryK) whoever edited that post.
Time for an attitude check guy.

Edited:
Munka

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

I wouldn't have called it foul language. The main problem I have with the Sri Lankian staff is that they don't have the authority to deal with any matters and secondly he LIED about the issue by saying that I had recieved an email to change APN's, he obviously had no idea what caused the problem and tried to LIE his way out of it.

As for OPTUS, they have known about coverage issues in the BADGER CREEK area for over 2 years. They have been offered a choice of 3 secure communications sites by SECOMM Aust. to resolve this coverage issue since the begining and they have refused to even discuss it with them.

OPTUS are causing so many problems here and making it almost impossible to deal with. Maybe the TIO will sort them out.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

ExetelVoice
Exetel Staff

Post by ExetelVoice » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Whilst we understand your frustration, Exetel is unable to do anything about Optus coverage issues apart from putting pressure on them to fix it.

This is not the right forum for that particular complaint.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 pm

I just realised that when I used the term 'Monkey' it was possibly taken as racist, this was not my intention but rather they are not authorised to do anything and they have to refer everything back to Sydney!
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks to Larry K and Pav for resolving the issues I'v had over the last few days.

My advice to anyone thinking of switching from a HSPA Plan to a CAP Plan to think very carefully, having to switch to an over subscribed Optus APN will have a dramatic affect on your bandwidth.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:58 pm

So much for UNLIMITED FACEBOOK on CAP35! That's what I've mainly been using hospital as well as email and occassional browsing, but the EXCESS charges are saying otherwise!!!!

Time to raise another support ticket. Optus can shove it!!!!!

That's this fortnights Pension just about blown and it's only 3 day's into it. I won't be eating much when I get out of hospital.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

slave1

Post by slave1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:08 pm

vk3xem wrote:That's this fortnights Pension just about blown and it's only 3 day's into it. I won't be eating much when I get out of hospital.
I hope you don't expect a sympathy vote, especially after you original rant.

PS your website lists lite agent LITE703 advertising old plans, you may want to change that.

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:16 pm

vk3xem wrote:So much for UNLIMITED FACEBOOK on CAP35! That's what I've mainly been using hospital as well as email and occassional browsing, but the EXCESS charges are saying otherwise!!!!
It is all tied to what APN you are using - if you use the HSPA one on the CAP plan you won't get any "free" social network site access

APN for CAP is INTERNET - See the first post in this thread @ viewtopic.php?f=59&t=37682&start=0#p288083

All CAP plan members were sent an email in early February making that very clear - if you have been using anything else since then you're going to have a challenge disputing the usage charge

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm

All well and good about using INTERNET but firstly I was NEVER told that this had to be changed and secondly the SIM card will NOT let me change to INTERNET.

I NEVER Recieved an emal advising me to change APN and I was told I would not need a new SIM card which is obviously the case.

As for my previous rant slave1 it was not meant to be racist in any way, simply the fact is Extel do not give these call takers any responsibility to fix anything, all they can do is contact Sydney for them to resolve issues. I also don't like the fact that they LIE through their teeth when they couldn't answer a simple question.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Check your recieved emails from Exetel Provisioning <donotreply@exetel.com.au> on 10/2/2011
They sent an email out to all CAPx customers - I recieved mine at 4.58pm

Dear MR xxxxx xxxxxxx,

Ref - 0xxxxxxxxx
Exetel would like to clarify a matter concerning mobile data usage which is causing confusion among some customers.
For all customers using the Exetel mobile service via the Optus network on capped plans or per minute plans, only the following APN's are valid for the data inclusions.
INTERNET
OPTUSWAP
YesINTERNET (for iPhones)
If any other APN is used a different and higher data usage rate is incurred, resulting in excessive and expensive data charges being billed.
These data charges will be payable over and above any monthly CAP amount. Ie the data will not be included in the Data Inclusion component of the CAP.
This email does not concern Exetel HSPA customers.
Kind Regards
Exetel Voice
Exetel Pty Ltd
----------------------------------------------
Please note: you can not reply to this email.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I have just searched my Google Archive and there is no such email. Either way it is impossible to change the APN with this SIM card anyway.

Hopefully I will be out of hospital tomorrow and get the new MobileX SIM in the mail and I will be rid of this pathetic Optus service. I have lodged another support ticket to have this billing issue resolved and hopefully excessive excess chargers are refunded.

As for the out of date LITE AGENT page, I have removed it all together. I won't be recommending anyone use Exetel until these problems are resolved, hopefully that won't take long.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

felix

Post by felix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 pm

re-post from the other tethering thread:

http://www.joiku.com/ also supports quite a few different models of phones.

I'm not on Exetel anymore (switched to Telstra due to the Voda coverage issue dilemma and before the optus plans) and I use Joiku.

Be worth asking Exetel if Wi-fi tethering like this will bring the wrath of Optus on the cap plans.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:15 am

I am being moved to the old MobileX Plan because of Optus coverage in my area. At least I know Vodafone works here!

Tethering does work, the problem is the APN setting that I was not informed of and the Optus SIM won't even let me change anyway.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Peety

Post by Peety » Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 pm

can someone post the apn settings for me, ive got it set to what i could find for the Yesinternet settings but by the look of it im being charged for using it so i guess ive got the wrong settings...
my current settings for HTC Desire YESInternet APN:
name: Optus Yes Internet
APN: yesinternet
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MMC: 505
MNC: 02
Authentication Type: PAP
APN Type :not set (i had it set as something before but could not connect to the internet with anything entered, thus it being not set..)

anyone know if these settings are right? or what am i doing wrong..

Cheers guys