CAP PLAN: Exetel to Exetel really OPTUS to OPTUS?

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Lawrie

CAP PLAN: Exetel to Exetel really OPTUS to OPTUS?

Post by Lawrie » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 am

With the CAP mobile plans is the advertised "Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value" really Optus to Optus?

It seems that most of the usuage on my son's CAP19 plan is falling into the smaller "Exetel to Exetel" CAP; whilst it is possible that all his friends have Exetel mobiles, I think it is more likely that they are Optus phones.

The problem is that this Exetel to Exetel limit is the smaller of the two.
Can someone please confirm what calls&SMS fall under "Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value" vs "Call & SMS Included Value"

Lawrie

Lawrie

Re: CAP PLAN: Exetel to Exetel really OPTUS to OPTUS?

Post by Lawrie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 pm

I have raised this question as a ticket, rather than relying on the Forum approach.
Your reference number is: #3714252

Lawrie

Chibrichish

Post by Chibrichish » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi

Can you let us all know the results of this please?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Does this thread
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=37691
and this reply by ExetelVoice on the thread
viewtopic.php?p=288460#p288460
answer your questions?

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Lawrie

Post by Lawrie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:27 am

Gidget et al.

The reply that I got from my ticket has me even more confused. they replied with the following definition
the "Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value" is only for Exetel Capped plans to Exetel Capped plans which is provided under Optus network
However looking at the Unbilled calls list for this month, it appears to me that too many SMS are falling under the On-net SMS banner. (Including calls and SMS to my Exetel HSPA phone number)

When I asked the help desk if the phone numbers involved should qualify for Exetel-to-Exetel, I was told
The above three numbers does not qualify for the "Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value

I don't think that the helpdesk understands what I am asking, probably my inability to explain myself.

Lawrie

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:49 am

I have exactly the same situation as you, Lawrie,

My son's ON NET calls and SMS form way too big a part of his bill - say 3/4 of it! I doubt that most of his friends have exetel phones! :wink:

I am assuming until someone says otherwise that ON NET with the Optus provided cap plans includes Optus to Optus.

If this ISN'T the case please someone let me know, as he will have to bump his plan up!!
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.
-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Lawrie wrote:With the CAP mobile plans is the advertised "Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value" really Optus to Optus?

It seems that most of the usuage on my son's CAP19 plan is falling into the smaller "Exetel to Exetel" CAP; whilst it is possible that all his friends have Exetel mobiles, I think it is more likely that they are Optus phones.

The problem is that this Exetel to Exetel limit is the smaller of the two.
Can someone please confirm what calls&SMS fall under "Exetel to Exetel* Included Call Value" vs "Call & SMS Included Value"

Lawrie
Please see below,

National Call: - all land line (including the VOIP numbers)
Mobile Call: - all mobile call to non-Exetel mobile
On-Net Mobile Call: - calls to Exetel mobile number
On-Net SMS: - SMS to Exetel mobile number
SMS: - SMS to non- Exetel mobile number

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:12 pm

EromalR wrote:
Please see below,

Yes I think we understand this - however our spends show up with large numbers of On-Net calls and SMS, even though almost no call recipients have exetel. Therefore On-Net includes exetel-Optus?
I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Hammers wrote:
EromalR wrote:
Please see below,

Yes I think we understand this - however our spends show up with large numbers of On-Net calls and SMS, even though almost no call recipients have exetel. Therefore On-Net includes exetel-Optus?
Will you be able to PM me the mobile number/s as an example, so that I can check and see whether they are serviced under Exetel or not.

Hammers

Post by Hammers » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:09 am

Have PMd details. Any word yet?

It seems I have been billed as if the On-Net calls are not On-Net. Have contacted billings: now my second failed payment because of this issue, and I have now incurred $50 in bank fees as a result of this. Not happy. :(

Please investigate this issue asap as it seems one hand is not talking to the other...

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am

Hammers wrote:Have PMd details. Any word yet?

It seems I have been billed as if the On-Net calls are not On-Net. Have contacted billings: now my second failed payment because of this issue, and I have now incurred $50 in bank fees as a result of this. Not happy. :(

Please investigate this issue asap as it seems one hand is not talking to the other...
I will prompt the person who obtained your information and will get her to respond to this thread ASAP.

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:15 pm

thejeg wrote:
Hammers wrote:Have PMd details. Any word yet?

I will prompt the person who obtained your information and will get her to respond to this thread ASAP.
Our supplier will not release information with regards to the numbers you sent me due to privacy reasons. Please wait for our formal reply from the billing division.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Have PMd details. Any word yet?

Your query sent with ticket reference -3713278 is currently under investigation, I will personally follow up and have it sorted for you.